eBay headlight switches? yay/nay?

norris_309

Reaction score
Just in the process of tidying up a couple of bits on the car, the headlight switch has a bit of the black coating wearing off.
I'm fine with it, but the Mrs wants it changed lol they seem to be selling cheap switches on eBay, anyone used these? Or would they be a bit s**t? They look ok in the pics.
AUDI A4 8E B6 B7 00-07 HEADLIGHT LIGHT SWITCH NEW 8E0941531 | eBay
I've not called audi for a price on a new one, but imagine they are pricey! And I'm not that bothered about it really to spend much lol

Don't think it's OEM:

4. Producer/Quality: high class of replacement.

Some people have bought these cheaper switches and found them to be ok. Only niggles are that on most of the cheap switches, the fog light pictures aren't level when the switch is in situ. For me, that would bug the life out of me, as it has others. But for some, it won't bother them.

They look ok on this picture. If that's an actually pic of the item then it's better than most other cheap not genuine switches.

from the picture is doesnt look new

Yeah I noticed it looks like a little bit of wear, but assume its a stock image acquired from somewhere?
I doubt it'd be an original item judging by the price, but as comments above, if it doesn't sit right it'd probably annoy me.
Might give it a go for the price though

I might stand to be corrected, but I thought the offset issue applied to the VW chrome ringed ones rather than pattern Audi parts?

My new OEM one was £80 a couple of years ago.