Ebay idiot, advice required

Scoot Yo

Reaction score
Sold 4 tyres on eBay, posted them at a cost of £45 now the buyer is saying the tread depths are less than advertised (they aren't)

He is wanting a partial refund of 70 quid or saying he wants a refund. Frankly I just want the tyres back as I can't be arsrd dealing with him but who pays the postage back to me?

Surely he pays and not me?

TBH what pees me of is if the item isn't of the actual description & we have to pay to return the damn thing, now if you've sold them correctly, then as a seller we cant win, but he is responsible for paying return cost, so we still get screwed with negative feedback & sellers cant leave negative feedback, which really boils my pee, as some are just complete & utter bar stewards just out to make a quick buck.

I would call there bluff, say please return them for a refund, sometimes as you, we just cant be assed to deal with **** heads.

Always a sticky situation, i bought some wheels off ebay, travelled 50 miles to collect them, got them home and they had advertised them at the wrong offset, so i ended up having to take them back for a refund, totalling in £30 lost in diesel and more importantly over 4 hours of time which i dont have. But it is the buyers responsibility to pay postage as far as im aware unless otherwise stated

Sold 4 tyres on eBay, posted them at a cost of £45 now the buyer is saying the tread depths are less than advertised (they aren't)

He is wanting a partial refund of 70 quid or saying he wants a refund. Frankly I just want the tyres back as I can't be arsrd dealing with him but who pays the postage back to me?

Surely he pays and not me?
Surely you have pics to back up the tread depths?

He pays return postage but you've lost the money sending them which is why lots of people include postage in the price ("free" postage as it's called), sorry to hear about this only advice I can offer is don't sell stuff on eBay. I buy all the time on eBay but never sell, gumtree's a good alternative just have to syphon out all the people who want to swap things or pay using paypal and have the item shipped to Nigeria.

Yeah it's ********, if he wasnt 130 miles away Id just go get them.

In all fairness you shouldn't have to do anything and by that I mean refund or loose postage costs but it's eBay's stupid buyer's always right philosophy which has got you by the balls here, hope it works out guess you can just wait and see what they say now.

I use Paisley freight for sending wheels and tyres. They are cheap and reliable.
http://www.paisleyfreight.com/alloy-wheel-courier.php
As for the issue you have at the moment there are some ****deleted**** on Ebay. I have been buying and selling stuff on their for nearly 13 years and it used to be a much better place.
A £70 reduction sounds a lot for 4 part worn tyres, how expensive were they. If he wants to send them back for a refund then he should be liable for that cost as you had to pay to send them to him in the first place. However as mentioned above Ebay seems very big on buyer protection and not so much seller protection.

Karl.

where abouts in the UK is the buyer? you never know someone on here might be able to collect them and then hold onto them until they sell again or something for some beer money :beerchug:

Reactions: jdp1962 and Lavis89