Econ Button Stuck On

BradAspinall

Reaction score
Help!

Since i bought my audi a3 2.0 tdi 56 reg, ive had the econ button stuck on and whatever i do it wont turnoff.
I have just bought a vagcom system and dont have much knowledge of how to use it. I have auto scanned the system and no fault codes occur under the air con system.
I have measured the high pressure sensor and it reads 4.5%
i have measured the refrigerant pressure and it reads 1bar

Im guessing the ac system needs re pressurizing

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!

Pressure sounds low, should be more like 25-40 psi. Go and get it re-gassed see what happens

What measuring block do you measure for ac pressure? I have a G65 code showing up on mine and econ light stuck on. don't know whether it needs a re-gas or a new switch.. code as below

00819 - High Pressure Sensor (G65)
07-00 - Signal too Low

Econ light permanently on. 00819 fault recorded. Figured I needed to fit a High pressure sensor.

Strange thing happens. Outside temperature drops to near zero and econ switch now functions.

Could this be as the low temperature effects the gas & it just needs filling?

I think it just needs filling.. it will throw the high pressure code with no gas in it.. Mine does the same in cold weather, it must try and force the compressor on to help clear the windows!! if you have VCDS you can check the pressure in the system.. should be around 4bar, but will be at 1bar with a leak.

Reactions: JohnnyRob
I think it just needs filling.. it will throw the high pressure code with no gas in it.. Mine does the same in cold weather, it must try and force the compressor on to help clear the windows!! if you have VCDS you can check the pressure in the system.. should be around 4bar, but will be at 1bar with a leak.

Thanks Technics100 - the weather has now warmed up so the econ light is back on. I have VCDS - where will I find the aircon pressure? Thanks JR

Ive had the same thing for a while the G65 error and i had to replace the high presure sensor to be able to clear the fault .It was the same on very cold mornings the econ light stayed off and i could select econ mode normally temp below -2 . Once a new sensor was fitted and the code cleared the light should go off although if the gas in the systems to low then the light will stay on until its regassed

Just noticed this post is pretty old .

Im in a similar situation with my 07 S3, VCDS is showing a 00819 fault, G65 open or short to ground and then 1 bar refrigerant pressure with high pressure sensor showing 0%.

So do I need a G65 sensor or a re gas.....or maybe both??

And the answer is.....a new pressure sensor, took to a local garage and they checked the pressure with their gauge and said it was fine, changed the G65 sensor which they keep in stock as they do so many and its all good.