S3 YO
Reaction score
Hello
i have audi a3 tdi 2.0 140
it has 95k
standard turbo,standard clutch

im wanting a remap or one the st3 box/alientech

ive found a st3 box for 305 delivered.
or should i go for the remap eg from revo/amd?
which seems better?
pros and cons of both?

Has anyone had any problems with there 170/180 remaps eg clutch giving in and turbo?

thanks

I am in the market for remap and have found a place near me in the north east that will remap for £225 and they came highly recommended.They say around 30 hp increase and up to 6 mpg on a run.Havnt really heard much about the box's so couldnt comment on them.

I have an ST3 box which I bought second hand for £100. Economy and Power maps cost me £150 from ChippedUK. I had quite a bit of DMF chatter, so asked for them to tweak the map a little to bring torque down until a little after 2,000rpm. I've had a lightweight/stripped out fast road car with paddle clutch etc, so didn't really fancy having to drive around aspects of the engine's power delivery that spoilt the car's comfort and everyday road car behaviour. The revised maps came through the following morning (I requested my modifications late in the afternoon), and it's great now. As with most, I used the Economy map for about an hour, and have been on the Power map ever since. Economy is still good, and better than before on long runs when driven in the same way as it was before the remap. My advice, just buy the Power map if you decide to go down this route! No clutch slip for me yet, and I'm nudging 80,000.

The ST3/alientech box holds three maps. To switch maps you just plug it into the cars OBD port and press a button. I have an alientech box which hasn`t been locked to any tuning company so can up load and store anybodies maps on to my car. You can buy remaps and custom maps for half the price from proper real remap companies in Europe compared to the high prices you get screwed in England for. The remaps get emailed to you which you just up load on to the Aliench box then transfer to your car.

Alientech Tuning Tools: Powergate

http://www.alientech-to.it/index.php...id=6&Itemid=13

| Mobile Ecu Remaping

did u notice any problems with the generic maps?
Only the DMF issue, which a number of cars suffer from in standard tune, and a large proportion of remapped cars are made aware of the DMF problem (sub 2,000rpm) because of the increased torque available low down. I found that once my torque was backed off with the modified maps, the issue was massively improved and I have to make a conscious effort to use large amounts of throttle at low engine speed to re-create the problem.

The remap on mine is great, from ChippedUK. Far smoother than the standard map. I suspect a little more boost pressure and fuel are requested from the turbo at 0% throttle, since the turbo is working a little at idle, and this in turn means that upshifts AND downshifts have been made smoother during normal driving. The car is far more fun to drive now, I couldn't really have asked for any more :)

I have an ST3 box which I bought second hand for £100. Economy and Power maps cost me £150 from ChippedUK. I had quite a bit of DMF chatter, so asked for them to tweak the map a little to bring torque down until a little after 2,000rpm.

Hi Heeman10,

how is DMF chatter described to a layman. I have the same engine and maps from chippedUK so wanted to know what to look out for. I'm running DSG is yours manual?

Hi Heeman10,

how is DMF chatter described to a layman. I have the same engine and maps from chippedUK so wanted to know what to look out for. I'm running DSG is yours manual?
In most cases it occurs when a large proportion of the engine's torque is applied below about 2,200rpm. It's not particularly healthy loading an engine up much below 2,000rpm anyway, but since a remapped engine can produce a significant amount of extra torque even at low engine speeds, it need not even take 75% throttle application for your remapped engine to be making more torque than it was with 100% throttle before your remap. The result can be chatter from the DMF flywheel.

It will only happen when your foot is quite hard down, below 2,200rpm or so, and will cause a fairly noticeable vibration. It will stop if you reduce torque enough to give the flywheel a break. If you cause a chatter situation to develop, then it may continue on past 2,200rpm even with a lighter throttle application, due to the nature of the problem, so you might need to lift off altogether for it to settle. It can feel like a buckled wheel, as the car will vibrate, and you'll feel it through the steering wheel, perhaps around 10Hz at a guess.

I know a few people using fr-rtuning tuning box with good results.
I'm interested in a fr&r tuning st3 box but i'm not sure how can i do to get my original ecu data, ¿asking my chiptuner?

-garag

I'm interested in a fr&r tuning st3 box but i'm not sure how can i do to get my original ecu data, ¿asking my chiptuner?

-garag

How do you mean? You plug it in the diagnostics port and it reads your ecu software. You then load to your pc with usb cable and email attachment

-garag

fr+r st3 box is just a rebranded Alientech box. For information on the box read the links in post 5

How do you mean? You plug it in the diagnostics port and it reads your ecu software. You then load to your pc with usb cable and email attachment
Now the car is stage1 tunned...it isn't an original ecu data from a 2.0TDi140hp, Must I get the original software from my chiptuner?

Last edited:
TDI-tuning.co.uk do a box for £120.
Site looks professional, is it worth or pop or is it too good to be true.
I dont honestly know what im looking for if im honest so any help would be greatly appreciated.

TDI-tuning.co.uk do a box for £120.
Site looks professional, is it worth or pop or is it too good to be true.
I dont honestly know what im looking for if im honest so any help would be greatly appreciated.

waste of money mate, thats not the kind of tuning box being talked about in this thread. get a remap or a branded alientech box which is commonly called self tuning box

STill after one of these.

Opinions on what I should do

Get a unlocked powergate s n buy maps from somewhere?( how many maps can the gate s store? More than one for other cars?

Or buy a st3,alientech with locked tech and 3 maps?

aterro if your wanting a power gate we can supply them mailorder discounted for £295 and with the files for you vehicle,

Or if you wanted a remap on the actual vehicle in situ we could come out to you at leicester and carry one out for discounted club rate £200 (Normal rate is £245)

PowerGate_5.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone just clarify these boxes hold 3 dedicated maps you can apply yourself to your car? As in power for a sunday drive then economy for a long journey and keep your standard map stored? If your having torque problems is there any interface for your computer you can use to reduce the loading at low revs?

Can someone just clarify these boxes hold 3 dedicated maps you can apply yourself to your car? As in power for a sunday drive then economy for a long journey and keep your standard map stored? If your having torque problems is there any interface for your computer you can use to reduce the loading at low revs?

Yes but they will need to be plugged into a laptop

Hi give me a bell tomorow lunchtime m8 0844 812 0036

thanks