Edition 38 2011

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
September 2nd - 4th

Overstone Park, Northampton for the 11th year in a row!

Should be another epic show!! I haven't been in 2 years so I am very excited! Lots planned for my S3 over the next couple of months!

Hopefully a large convoy from Ireland are coming over!!

e74887d4.jpg

it was very much like oh look at that red audi he hasnt spent loads of money on that its a bag of **** , what a shed as not everybody has ogt a big budget to moddify there cars im happy with what ive done so far on not alot of cash , so im not liking edition38 shows anymore to many **** holes for my liking it has really put me off them

Last edited:
I see what you are saying!!

The quality of the motors the time I was there was awesome and it showed that money wins prizes lol but I went to have a good time and for the experience. Awesome time and great experience and can't wait to do it again!! :)

it might have just been that one show tbh but it has just put me off it might end up going to the main show but wont be going to early edition again thats for dam sure lol

it might have just been that one show tbh but it has just put me off it might end up going to the main show but wont be going to early edition again thats for dam sure lol

Fran mate i wouldnt let that get to you mate, your car is lovely!

We were planning it but i couldnt give a **** what folks think of my car i couldnt care less i'd be going to look at everyone elses car and be a part of the scene i guess!

My mate is talking about going to weathersee next year but i was like what with your standard est A4 s line and my S line on coilovers?!

One of us will have to spend about 5k before we go so we at least have one cool car!

Im a spectator and mod with what little money i can afford so dont let the big time spenders get ya down mate they will have credit card bills and loans coming out of there ears! **** em! :)

Fran mate i wouldnt let that get to you mate, your car is lovely!

We were planning it but i couldnt give a **** what folks think of my car i couldnt care less i'd be going to look at everyone elses car and be a part of the scene i guess!

My mate is talking about going to weathersee next year but i was like what with your standard est A4 s line and my S line on coilovers?!

One of us will have to spend about 5k before we go so we at least have one cool car!

Im a spectator and mod with what little money i can afford so dont let the big time spenders get ya down mate they will have credit card bills and loans coming out of there ears! **** em! :)
good point i suppose but i just didnt like the attiude that was all around the place i love going to car shows believe me ive been to so many over the years and not had any bad remarks but all it takes is one bad one sometimes to put me off , i know what your saying tho **** them , i think ive done really well so far on what little money i get payed i know my car is nice but to some people not good enough eh lol

good point i suppose but i just didnt like the attiude that was all around the place i love going to car shows believe me ive been to so many over the years and not had any bad remarks but all it takes is one bad one sometimes to put me off , i know what your saying tho **** them , i think ive done really well so far on what little money i get payed i know my car is nice but to some people not good enough eh lol

It does get a little ridiculous in the vag scene, nothings cheap lol I just like the look of so many and have a wish list the length of your arm but like you I'm on a tight budget and time is not an issue so its as and when for me! It's wheels next for me but again there's about 6 styles i like :)

Do let some mindless VAG snobs get ya down mate at the end of the day with car modding the more you put in the less you get out when selling, its down to priorities! Hats of to the big money modders I love there cars!!

i know that bud my old rs turbo i spent over 14k on it it was a full on show car won loads of things with it too i had it for about 6 years in total by the end tho things started going wrong like the gearbox blew up then the fuel system went wrong then i took it for a rolling road session and they told me one of the piston rings is letting go so i then i sold it on ebay for 2k haha so i know all about how modding is a personal thing lol, im proud of the mods ive done on my car as all of it is my own work ie . fitting the coilovers/ painting a shed loads of things wheels/mirrors/interior trims/grills etc.... i havent payed anybody to do anything (apart from tinting the windows) all my own handy work :)

I'll pobol y cwm (whayy) Hopefully have it lowered and on splits by then, but I've been saying that since March =/ Fran we need you to come to brighten up the convoy, we've all got dark cars lol

Reactions: FranA3
I'll pobol y cwm (whayy) Hopefully have it lowered and on splits by then, but I've been saying that since March =/ Fran we need you to come to brighten up the convoy, we've all got dark cars lol
haha need a bit of colour in your life do you dude lmfao

We will need to get a massive ASN drink sorted for the Saturday night????

I'm liking that idea. Lets get names down :happy:

If you ont get those splits or coilovers i will DISOWN YOU :laugh:

Im going down saturday evening and staying in a hotel near ,
Im taking my mk2 golf for a change,
I fully agree the "Scene" bummers will always look down their noses unless you throw £15k at the car you already paid that for,
I posted no end of times on the forum asking for help with the audi/mk1 and mk2 golfs... not a single post,
Then when the cars got near to being finished and i posted a picture of the three... ( all tidy and buffed) finaly i got replys...
Stuck up sheep to be honest.

Im going down saturday evening and staying in a hotel near ,
Im taking my mk2 golf for a change,
I fully agree the "Scene" bummers will always look down their noses unless you throw £15k at the car you already paid that for,
I posted no end of times on the forum asking for help with the audi/mk1 and mk2 golfs... not a single post,
Then when the cars got near to being finished and i posted a picture of the three... ( all tidy and buffed) finaly i got replys...
Stuck up sheep to be honest.

Agree, but I think its because its full of kids who only like to see the 'shiney shiney' finished product and only a handful appreciate the process thats required to acheive the finished article.

Anyhow, I'll be there tomorrow!

Agree, but I think its because its full of kids who only like to see the 'shiney shiney' finished product and only a handful appreciate the process thats required to acheive the finished article.

Anyhow, I'll be there tomorrow!

++!!