effin van drivers!!!!!!!

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
excuse my french but I am ******* fuming 1st up a white van driver cuts me up twice then the c*nt tries to force me off the road just drifting into my lane without indicating. then just outside borough tube station a where are two lanes that go into one. one lane for going right and one for goin straight im in the correct lane and there is a tnt van in the wrong one when the lights change he goes right aacross me forcing me and a cab into the bus lane.... then cuts infront of the cab to turn left... if it wasnt for the cab being in the way i would have followed him **** goin to work i am absolutly fuming

excuse my language spelling etc im sick and tired of these muppets

Jup, i know what you mean, I had one of thes ****** cut me up several times coming southbound on the A1, and when we got to a roundabout he came from the inside to the outside at the exit to the roundabout nearly forcing me into the ******* armco. All because he doesn't own his **** LDV 5k van and i don't want to wreck my 25 grand Audi. The government was right, limit all these ******* to 50. and chemically castrate them while your at it.

That's just generally most people driving in central London from my experience. I hate driving up there, i only live in Guildford but i get the train to avoid road rage incidents and long jail terms.

These ******* in vans really couldn't give a monkeys though cos 9 times out of 10 it ain't theirs. Bus drivers are just as bad.

silver75 said:
excuse my french but I am ******* fuming 1st up a white van driver cuts me up twice then the c*nt tries to force me off the road just drifting into my lane without indicating. then just outside borough tube station a where are two lanes that go into one. one lane for going right and one for goin straight im in the correct lane and there is a tnt van in the wrong one when the lights change he goes right aacross me forcing me and a cab into the bus lane.... then cuts infront of the cab to turn left... if it wasnt for the cab being in the way i would have followed him **** goin to work i am absolutly fuming

Sounds like the way a typical Audi and BMW is driven to me, 99% of which seem to think that the Highway code doesn't apply to them.

Not excusing van drivers one bit, but alot of them are delivering/driving to places they are not familiar with.
It pays to be aware and leave a sensible amount of room instead of what every one on the road seems to do now and drive withing inches of the car infront.

The standard of driving in this country is p**s poor regardless of the vehicle being driven.

Dunno what you're talking about, i'm the best driver in the world and i own the road. :whistle2:

Heyyyyy! Its ****** bad driving period... I do Own 2 of these white Feckers (A Caddy and a Transporter) granted they're for my own personal use and don't do couriering. But I find it the " Oh look, theres a space in front of that slow moving van I'll nip in there, No ******' indicator,barely checks that there enough room between me an said car driver, AND WHATS THE FIRST MANOEVRE THEY CARRY OUT??? STOMP ON THE ****** BRAKES!!:wtf: Think about it Peeps the van is a LONG WHEEL BASE van, Now that I'm forced to stand on my nose (Not Literally:blink: ) as we don't all have the luxury of ABS, I'm gonna go right through your "poxy" car trying to stop in time, because you've technically caused the accident...

So, NO I have to disagree there, its not just white van man ITS "MAN" Himself and his "In your face" attitude now thats the problem, THE TERRITORY Management of "you're in my space" in short, the "pig ignorance" and arrogance that cause this and Oh! did I forget... THE BAD DRIVING AND THE CITRAC "BE A CNUT OF A DRIVER!"

Have a nice day:yahoo:

You wanna try towing 26ft trailers/caravans on the back of a 15ft L200 pickup, you feel like a f*cking target!!! L200's have got **** brakes at the best of times even when you're not towing a 2 ton piece of ****.

coupe-se said:
Sounds like the way a typical Audi and BMW is driven to me, 99% of which seem to think that the Highway code doesn't apply to them.

The standard of driving in this country is p**s poor regardless of the vehicle being driven.

Well is it Audi and BMW drivers then or all drivers? Make up your mind.

coupe-se said:
Not excusing van drivers one bit, but alot of them are delivering/driving to places they are not familiar with. .

No excuse for the type of driving i witness on a daily basis. If your in the wrong lane you dont force the driver in the right lane off the road, even when i was beeping both guys still carried on. **** it zero tolerance on van drivers now ive had enough... and its blatantly because it isnt their van or there motor is bigger than yours or worth peanuts why they drive like this.

F*ck it Silv, shall we get AMB276 and start a hit squad??? :gun2:

A4Quattro said:
Well is it Audi and BMW drivers then or all drivers? Make up your mind.

Ok the official pecking order of GOD status on the road is:

BMW drivers are the biggest a***holes on the road no one gets near them (even continental lorry drivers!!)

Mercedes drivers just pip the Audi drivers to 2nd place after that :sex:

Must be said the only cars to hassle me and try to race and be awkward have been other Audi drivers in older cars!!! :uhm:

Shame the coppers are too busy with Speed-guns to be actually on the road dealing with the p**s poor drivers out there.:mad:

IMO drivers of "prestige" cars (BMW, Mercs etc) drive ok in city traffic... when you get on the motorway though its another story

anyway rant over its the weekend :yahoo:

So i have cut anyone up yet....

IMG_0979-1.jpg

So i have cut anyone up yet...

No...But I bet you've done a few "tankslappers" in your day..:haha: ;)

Can I ask TD why would "The Stig" have a blue van, are you the "The Stig" and then a part time something else, or is it the other way around?:think: ;)

Just continuing this theme..

This just happened to me today...Picture the scene, Its "P"ing down, braking hard would be foolish as theres a lot of surface water,Therefore easing off a little would make sense yes?

Where I stay, there is a section of main street that has a two up, two down lane arrangement, 2 lanes north bound with a pelican crossing in the middle & 2 lanes southbound with a pelican crossing joining the North Bound Crossing, speed limit is restricted to a "thirty". Outside lane is for ahead and right, inside lane is for left and ahead only. I'm in the outside lane doing less than thirty, I have the Missus with me, thats how I know - she doesn't like traveling in heavy rain as she sees whats about to happen ALL the time...at the end of this sort of dual carriage way is a set of traffic lights, they go to red and traffic starts to tailback slowly.. when all of a sudden in my mirror on INSIDE of me a black MR2 roars up past me and cuts in... no problems there as I'm slowing down already taking into account the wet.... He's no alone though, a blonde female in a Ford Focus, tries the same manoevre, except she's left is to late, she checks over her shoulder, quick as a flash puts on her indicator ONCE and cuts in, except she connects with BIG WHITE VAN MAN i.e ME. The Traffic had been slowing down and starting to tail back as I said, she has clipped the bumper of my transporter and spun herself to the right onto the centre reservation, the car behind me has taken evasive action, braked hard and skidded into my towbar making a fine mess of his grill bonnet etc, No Pun Intended here but my "rear" is unmarked that I can see, but my front end needs a new wing, bumper grill etc... and "DIZZIES" first words were thatI was travellling to fast for the conditions and that I was travelling to close to her....

Luckily for me , whilst I'm taking flack hard here from "Dizzie " and her Chav mates, the missus has called the cops as there's more than one vehicle involved. Turns out that "Dizzie" although she may have severely damaged her Focus (As its done in on the driverside Rear wing and on the front as well maybe getting done for dangerous driving, so I was informed by a FEMALE Traffic Officer... Yes, Ma'am!!!! :angrymod:

Did I get witnesses?? You betcha - they came from far and wide on this one... and Chav Boys were not amused trying to intimidate them away from the scene...

I'm home now and calming down slowly...but my point is..

IT'S NOT JUST "WHITE VAN MAN THAT CUTS PEOPLE UP ITS THE NORMAL DRIVER TO THAT CUTS YOU UP!!

Thanks...:slapped: :drag: :drag:

Van drivers do get a bad name, partly because they drive their company vans like they drive their evening & weekend Saxos and partly because a lot of them are self drive van hires. Last Thursday I witnessed what must have been an X5 driver in a U-Drive Luton on the motorway driving like his hair was on fire, undertaking, crossing 3 lanes of rush hour traffic in the rain desperate to get up the **** of whatever was in front of him.
Also what amazes me is that a lot of van drivers are commercial delivery drivers i.e. people who are always gonna be against the clock and thus constantly being phoned on their mobiles by HQ.
Do you ever see a car kit in any of these vehicles, or satnav for that matter?
No, every day I see these idiots with the mobile tucked under one shoulder, map on the steering wheel, roll up in the other hand weaving all over the place, but because they're not speeding they never get any points.
Like everything we can only go on what we see everyday. I'm sure there are a lot of really good commercial vehicle drivers out there, but the majority, just like any other vehicle, are driven poorly The difference is we notice them more because they're bigger than us and we can't see through/past them when stuck behind one.

"but the majority, just like any other vehicle, are driven poorly The difference is we notice them more because"

For once Andy I have to agree with you there.. it does just boil (Sorry wrong word..) down to "bad driving..."

It doesn't help my front end though, but I have to agree with you ...:yes:

"For once Andy I have to agree with you there.."
Damn, I must be losing my touch.

Van drivers will never change, just give them a wide berth. Problem is, a hell of a lot of them don`t own the van so they don`t give a rats *** if they damage it etc, thats why they drive like they do

Just remember they have little visibility so if they pull out on you it might not be on purpose

i think the sterotype is not fair,

its the person behind the wheel who is a idiot. its not the van, car, bus etc

We have a van and my dad drives properly, infact he see's on the road so many car drivers doing mistakes, and he has been cut of loads of times, so have i in my car

its people not the Vehicle

The stereotype exists purely because it is true in the majority of cases. It makes me laugh when people argue that a stereotype is unfair. If it wasn't true, then it wouldn't exist in the first place. Of course there are excellent van drivers out there, just as there are truthful taxi controllers, and wonderful estate agents, but the majority are driven by morons, as are most cars, but the vans stick out more. They are also far more dangerous as they're underpowered, have no ABS, no roadholding and are usually badly maintained. Plus they are easy to pigeon hole as they're VANS (no one bothers to say it was a Transit or a Luton, just a van)

28v6 said:
Can I ask TD why would "The Stig" have a blue van, are you the "The Stig" and then a part time something else, or is it the other way around?:think: ;)

You may not ask.:beee:

I drive a white van, funny thing is..

Although I drive really well, hardly speed, always indicate etc. when I feel like it I turn into a pr1ck bcuz I know that nobody expects anything less !!!!!!!

ive got a transporter for work which ended up buried into the back of some old pensioners rover 45 all because he nearly missed the entrance into the forest where he walks his doggy, so he just slams on the brakes, no indicators, in heavy rain and stops to reverse back!! guess who had his back window round the back of his neck in a million peices! i stuffed it straight up the **** at about 45mph, pushed him round sideways and totally wrote his car off. my van needed a bumper, wing, bonnet, radiator, frontpanel, headlamp, grille, and chassis leg repair. i got the blame for it too. old people are well amongst the scariest drivers. it was a 60mph country windy A road too!

If anybody cuts you up, hunt them down like a dog!

Kill all old people in cars(they've got it coming anyway)

Stop idiots in their trucks pulling out to pass the truck in front at 2mph over 5 miles of motorway 10 yards infront of me when im doing 70ish and they just arent

get the police mobile cameras that sit on bridges over motorways to feck

The next person that hits the brakes infront of me because they feel im too close instead of moving in when theres 3 miles of room on the inside lane - i'm either going to run into the back of you, and straight through your car, or undertake you then slow down to about 20mph and make you do the same, see how you like it!

Also, ladies, in your mini coopers - please do not pull out infront of me in the sodding rain, on the phone, not indicating or looking. My abs is playing up, i probably will end up driving into you.

Have i forgotten any1?

Oh yeah, if we're driving on a single carriageway road and the limit is 60, but you're doing 30/40 and i overtake you, dont flash your lights like a child, it only amuses me

i hate that! they flash their lights because they think your doing something dangerous (only because they lack the ability to do it themselves safely) and then you get a face full of main beam? if anyone is dangerous its these *******.