Egr blanking

Archies

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've had my egr and dpf deleted with a remap. Car runs brilliant but I've still got the coil light flashing. No limp mode thank God. The mechanic had used one blank to blank the egr off just below the cooler. Do I have to have it blanked off at both ends? This is the error I'm getting
7243786e0d5c7d9afd2fb03a444bb97b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

as above, it cant throw a code if it is coded out..
you dont have to blank both sides but I got 2 plates so that it could be as it was personal preference.

It is mapped out properly the coder wrote it 3 times, even deleted the error code but its still there on a scan. Used vcds and Delphi to scan and clear the codes. But it reappears, I'm wondering if it's a wiring problem. If it wasn't mapped out it would run in limp mode. It's a strange one this is

he may have coded something out 3 times.. but a EGR sensor is clearly still showing codes which can only mean it isnt coded out surely

He has said he has coded it out Meemo, but it is clearly showing back up for some reason. He tried 2 different , both throw the error up

he may have coded something out 3 times.. but a EGR sensor is clearly still showing codes which can only mean it isnt coded out surely

Exactly. He can "code it out" 100+ times, but if he's not doing it correctly the fault will keep on re-appearing. He might have coded out part of it (hence no limp mode), but sounds like it's not been done properly if it's still throwing up faults.

Ok ive had someone else look at it. Because the lights still flashing and the remap hasn't knocked the egr off is because it can't see the sensor as it's completely burnt out