EGR delete

jimmyb592

Reaction score
Hey guys, today I received my EGR delete kit from darkside developments. First off it looks like a good bit if kit, definitely well made, but my question is as my standard EGR is vacuum controlled, can I remove the EGR and fit the delete kit and block the vacuum pipe for now with no issues until I can it booked in for a remap or will it bring my EML on?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421274574126606

From what I remember some people drill a hole and put a pipe in it (or something along those lines) but if you're getting it mapped anyway I'd just say wait until then unless you have an MOT coming up in which case I'd say fit it after then map it out.

Reactions: BakPak
Hey guys, today I received my EGR delete kit from darkside developments. First off it looks like a good bit if kit, definitely well made, but my question is as my standard EGR is vacuum controlled, can I remove the EGR and fit the delete kit and block the vacuum pipe for now with no issues until I can it booked in for a remap or will it bring my EML on?

If your car is post 2002 it will probably bring a light up after 10-12 miles driving with the blank fitted. I just blanked the holes and removed the pipe, but left the EGR in so I keep the anti shudder valve.

I have left the vacuum line in though, as removing and plugging it put the car in limp mode.

From what I remember some people drill a hole and put a pipe in it (or something along those lines) but if you're getting it mapped anyway I'd just say wait until then unless you have an MOT coming up in which case I'd say fit it after then map it out.

He doesn't have the option of using a plate with a hole as he's removing the pipe completely to fit that kit.

Cheers fella, will wait till its due for mappin I think then as it won't take long to fit.just fed up of the oil leaks from the egr

Yer mine was covered in oil when I removed/blanked the EGR pipe. Hoping that might stop or at least leak less now there's no hot exhaust gas going through it?