EGR Valve, which one to order

Archies

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Had the rac out to my 2.0tdi and they did a scan as its in limp mode, they said the EGR Valve is stuck, I've looked on the internet and found an egr valve that is the same as mine but I'm unsure which one to order. Do I just order the valve or do I order the valve with the cooler attached.

Heres the link to the valves..

http://www.eurocarparts.com/egr-valves

Cheers for your help

Could you not take it off and give it a clean to see if it resolves your problem, before spending on a new valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never needed to do it on my A4, but did it on my 5 Series. Can be quite hard to get the gunk out. I used loads of carb cleaner and lots of scraping to get the baked on gunk off. It's a messy job but maybe worth the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECP link no workie .

No need to clean the gunk , blank and remap and let your engine breathe cool clean air all the time .

Plus multiple benefits .

Reactions: Chop. and Meemo
It will actually lower the smoke opacity reading .

Even with the more thorough petrol emissions gasses analysis a petrol car will pass with a cat and egr disabled .

Your link resets to ask for a reg.. which engine code is yours? CAHA CAGA etc?
I know there is an egr cooler on the 2.0tdi 170 (CAHA).. I suspect its the same on all of them but just to be sure:) maybe pop your reg on a reply so we can search it

Hi Archies

your engine code is CJCB

and the oe number for the egr is 03L131512CD rrp from audi is £359.13+ vat hope this helps.

Regards,

Martin

Reactions: Archies and Meemo
Hi Archies

your engine code is CJCB

and the oe number for the egr is 03L131512CD rrp from audi is £359.13+ vat hope this helps.

Regards,

Martin
At that price deffo try clean it first :)

Reactions: Archies and palfy86
There £175 from europarts, ill be trading it in at the end if the year so a cheap one will do if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Archies

your engine code is CJCB

Regards,

Martin

Cheers Martin,

Ill get it cleaned first i think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: way318 and palfy86
Does anyone have an image of the location of the EGR on a 2.0TDi B8?

On my last Audi, Audi A3 PD140, it was at the front of the engine near the top.

Thanks in advance

top left just hidden down the side of the engine cover..
not my pic but one from online with an arrow to help(sorry I am no picasso), fyi its pointing to where it is but you cant see the egr in this pic...
34408935235_b157cb28d9_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Archies and JRock247
Yeah thats where mine is, feel like smacking it with a hammer. Rang a mechanic this morning and he told me to take it to him at 5.00pm, so I did only to be told he'd gone home ill. But luck as it my neighbour was talking to a couple who have just moved in up our street and he told him about my motor. He's a mechanic, got his own garage so he said he will do my egr valve.

If it's stuck open , blank and Stage 1 remap it out of ecu software .

If it's stuck closed , just remap .

If you don't know , blank and remap , from as little as £150 .