Egypt

Dubplate

Reaction score
Im looking at going around the end of September, anyone have any recommendations of good hotels to stay at? around the red sea.....

Ta

Rob

Im going fairly soon, staying at the Ritz Carlton, heard some really good reviews about it, its in Sharm i believe...

Speak to Shy19s, I think he has just been recently.

im looking at going to Hurghada?! or maybe Sharm Al Sheikh.....

I've personalyl never been to Hurghada but (my parents) have a flat just outside Sharm.

Lovely place lovely people however it is purely a tourist town so isn't 'real' Egypt so it depends what you're going for really.

If it's just to relax in the sun for a couple of weeks and do some snorkellign sharm will suit you fine and there are loads of flight options so it should be cheaper than Hurghada too.

Food is generally very nice and is also very cheap.

Beer is similar to Uk prices, and the local one 'sakara' is nice. Vodka etc is quite expensive expect to pay £4-5 a go for it.

Youll get a very high standard of hotel be it 4 or 5 star so just pick the one you think looks the nicest lol. If i remember rightly the only reason a 4 star isn't 5 star is that it's not on the beach, otherwise the standard is the same

I would definately recommend going to Nuwieba, the hotel was called 'The Coral Hilton'.....it was a laid back hotel with a beautiful beach and sea....

What i would say about Egypt is beware of the dodgy belly, the second week was not great !!

Besides that it was lovely.......

If you go for Sham then Na'am bay is where all the clubs, bars & restaurants are at but i found it too touristy.
I would recommend one of the nicer 5-star hotels which are a few miles north form Na'am such as the Savoy or Ritz Carlton, they should provide shuttle buses to get about.
Diving/snorkling is a must in the red sea but also try quad biking in the desert if you get a chance.

When I was over there earlier on this year I was staying in Garden City because my sister was living out there, but one weekend we headed out to this placehttp://www.kuoni.co.uk/holiday/nort...tella_grande_hotel/spa_ain_soukhna_index.html had a really nice beach and pools and according the website rooms start from £25 a night. which isn't bad. If you are in cairo the semiramis intercontinental hotel had a really good resturant called night and day, its an all you can eat buffet with sushi, chinese food, indian and really good desserts.
Sam

When I was over there earlier on this year I was staying in Garden City because my sister was living out there, but one weekend we headed out to this placehttp://www.kuoni.co.uk/holiday/nort...tella_grande_hotel/spa_ain_soukhna_index.html had a really nice beach and pools and according the website rooms start from £25 a night. which isn't bad. If you are in cairo the semiramis intercontinental hotel had a really good resturant called night and day, its an all you can eat buffet with sushi, chinese food, indian and really good desserts.
Sam

Does look like a cracking place the stella di mare grand hotel, didnt see that one when we were booking..... May check out that intercontinental hotel though as we are looking to make an over night trip to Cairo.... Cheers for the info Sam :icon_thumright: