Eibach sportline advice wanted

Ollie-B

Rockin' Shnit
Reaction score
I fitted coilovers to my car and ****ing hate them. Stiff and clunky. Sick to death of hearin rattles that nobody knows what its caused by. So after buyin normal lowering springs to stick back on instead of them. Are they stiff? Is it like driving a boat? Do the make strange clunks and rattle appear for no reason? Cheers...... (dont wamt it slammed i like a finger between my tyre and arch)

Out of interest what coilies did you use?

I used eibach springs on my MK3 golf years ago and they were pretty good but gave an uneven lowering on that, I evenetually bought a spax spring and shock set for it. My MK4 golf had eibach pro street coilies on which were fantastic.

I honestly dont know. Cheap nasty ones off ebay 200quid for the kit. I knew they wouldn't be up to much but they were ok at first but now the rattles are doin my tits in and want them off!

I was very pleased when I ran them on mine, they're never going to be as stiff as coilovers, but then unless you buy decent coilovers it's always going to be a compromise as you know. I'd recommend them if you're doing the spring route.

Mine will be for sale soon, for a 2.5 q Avant if they're any use to you.

You really need to be spending £500 upwards to get a decent set of coilies. As you have discovered you get what you pay for.
I rate Eibach springs but I don't like cars that are dragging there rears on the floor. Downside is you get a fixed drop, with coil overs you can adjust it to exactly what you want.
When fitting springs you need to make sure that they are designed for your car. They fit according to axle weight so there may be say 10 different spring kits for an A4 depending on whether it has a 1.6 or 2.8V6, There are differences between manuals and autos and saloons and estates. If the kit is not specifically designed for the axle weights on your car although it will fit the drops may not be correct and you may end up with more of a drop at one end than the other.

Karl

Always had Eibachs on previous cars and will do on this car eventually or possibly H&R

^^ how many mm are those springs? and is that 18" wheels and what tyres if you dont mind me asking. Im in the same boat as well looking for a set of good springs. But from my own experience from other cars Ive used Eibach and have to say they are brilliant especially with the progressive spring design. Im just a bit concerned about my A4 TDI because right now it has reverse rake i'd like to lower it in a way that the front is lower or both rear and front is the same as right now the front sits a little higher.

That pic is a bit low on the front for me, rear is bang on i would like the front that height aswel. Are sportlines that height out the box? (just i currently glide over those little speed bumps that cover 1 lane when both wheels go either side lol) i dont want to catch as i did when i first fit my coilovers and had it that low

This is my SE on 30mm Sportline's, it could have been lower, but was perfect for me on rural roads. (the front is sitting a bit uneasy due to the angle of the ground at AITP)

I am toying with the idea of changing springs and shocks on my car next year and was looking for Bilstein shocks and eibach springs, do not want it scraping the ground, would be happy with standard spec, can anyone recommend a good place for advice/buying….

we had eibach springs on the b7 special edition made a world of difference, so much so that it made me want them on the b6 s4.. only i and to have H & R springs. Im happy with them. made the car handle much better and it looks so much better too !

Hi all

I have an A4 1.9tdi Quattro salon
and have fitted eibach springs pro and sportlines
now what I have found out is the pro kit will lower your car
if a sport but 15/20 mm but if se then the box says
30/35 mm
sportlines will go lower 40/45 on an se model
only 1 thing with the pro kit the front end will sit higher
giving you an uneven look .
so I have pro kit on rear and sportsline on front

hope that helps you all .
oh and a nice chapy called Damin can help you all .

To be honest I read allot of people saying about the front being higher than the rear but it looks fine on mine :think: (eibach pro kit), what made you choose a different suspension setup for the front and rear rather than b5 perches

I think the front looks higher but it sits level with the floor. WIth b5 perces the gap between the arch and tyre is matched but the nose is down. Just what ive noticed from pics after trawlin through the forum

Hi
you are both spot on about the nose been ing down a little , but the gap on the wheels are the same
both rear and front ... All about the look LoL

oh I had changed the shocks too
blistin B12 set up so the B5 perches would not fit over the new thicker shocks

il get some update pics soon for you lads, its sittin 50mm front 40mm on back, reson why my mate went for that drop is so it doesnt scrape when the car is loaded with passengers lol,

Look forward to seeing the pics amar06fbr

Anyone know if the coilovers I listed below are worth a shot? they all have warranty with them but anyone know what the warranties cover?

Was thinking maybe this might be a good option as the spring option seems like I might still end up with reverse rake.

JOM Coilovers
COILOVER SUSPENSION KIT JOM NEW FOR AUDI A4 8E QUATTRO 00 07 | eBay

FK AK
Audi A4 B6 B7 (00-08) FK AK Street Coilover Suspension Kit All Models ex Quattro | eBay

Unknown Brand
COILOVER AUDI A4 2.0TDI B6 B7 8E SALOON/ESATE ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION | eBay

Does anyone know if they think my car is lowered or standard? I've always thought it sat a bit low and looks same height as the grey one above which is down 30mm...

20131026_173824_zps44dc51b7.jpg

I think qj's car is an SE not a sport though(the grey one) but I may be wrong. Apologies James if I am. Lol.

Mine was an SE, but the Eibachs dropped it 30mm, so theoretically 10mm lower than a standard Sport.

I just think it looks a bit too low for factory "sport" suspension. My dads A3 S-Line Black Edition is on stilts compared to mine!

I'd say it's sport/s-line suspension, only 10mm in it and couldn't picture a previous owner changing it for a small drop.

IMG-20131219-WA014.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20131219-WA015.jpg
    IMG-20131219-WA015.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG-20131219-WA016.jpg
    IMG-20131219-WA016.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 834
  • IMG-20131219-WA014.jpg
    IMG-20131219-WA014.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 271
Last edited: