Eibach sportline springs to low?

boner1690

Reaction score
I'm looking to do my first mod to my 2010 1.6 a3 sportback.

I have seen a set of eibach sportline springs for £130 on ebay. I plan on upgrading my current 17" wheel to 18" s genuine wheels when i find a set.

I dont want my car to rub when I have people in the back or be too low over bumps, are the sportline springs to low should i get the pro instead?

Any reviews of the sportline springs on the orginal shocks with 18" wheels would be great and any pictures would be even better.

The sportlines drop approx 50mm which I personally think is way too low for a car with standard shocks. I would go for the eibach pro kit which drops about 30mm IIRC. Of course it depends on what shocks your car has already. A lot of people reccomend eibach pro with bilstein b4 shocks.

Thank you. I will have childern in the back of the car and pram so i thought the sportline would be too low. I know the s line comes 25mm lower as standard so i think i will go for the eibach pro springs.

my car has 35k on the clock will the standard shocks be ok or should i buy the bottom ebay link i posted with the b4 shocks?

I'm planning on dropping my car soon too, my car is an SE so has standard shocks. When I drop it on eibach pros I will most likely get the b4's purely because I don't want a harsh ride, but my car has 130,000 on the clock so a massive difference to you.

What trim is your car? Sport, s line, se? I think sport shocks might be okay for a 30mm drop as well as a s line but not sure for an SE

my car is a 2010 5 door hatchback 1.6 petrol 105bhp techink on 17" wheels. Just turned 35k. The whole car is like new one lady previous owner.

I plan to lower and upgrade the wheels. I agree with you that 30mm will be enough I just dont know If i really need to spend the extra money on shocks or keep the extra £100 they would cost and use the money for window tints and wind deflectors

Eibach Pro will work with your existing 35k shocks .

What's the ride quality like at the moment ?

hi gaz thanks for your input. Its my first car so hard to compare but the current ride feels good to me no issuses at all.

Im on 17" wheels at the minute but i plan to change to 18 when a set come up locally.

Just wondering if i need to spend the extra £140 on b4 shocks or save that money for other mods and use the pro springs on my standard shocks

Personally I would just buy the springs, If my shocks had just done 35k id leave them as it is lol but that's just me. At the end of the day, if you feel the shocks need changing later you can always just buy them, if in doubt just go with your gut lol just buy the springs and fit em on to your current shocks. Also, take before and after pics because I'd like to see it for my own car! And let me know if the eBay seller is legit too

Also, when you change to 18s you'll be running low profile tyres most likely 225/40/18, that will make the ride firmer than what you already have. I went from 16" to 18" and it made a massive difference in terms of potholes etc

ok thanks, I will go ahead and order the pro springs and hopefully get them fitted in 2 weeks time and paint the calipers whilst the wheels are off.

What colour would you recommend to go with a white car?

future plans are

honeycomb grill
window tints
wind deflectors
pressed plates
18" ronal, rotas, or bbs ch wheels
change all my lights to the ice whites i already have the interior and exterior packs i bought from tu8ps on here

Red always looks good, the only thing is painting tiny brake callipers red don't look as good as brembos. But if you do go ahead with it id say red with anthracite alloys :wub:. What year is your car? Also, personally on a sportback wind deflectors look odd, on a 3 door they look much better. I'll hopefully have tints on my car by end of January, 35% all round

My car is a 2010. I was thinking of just painting them grey or black just to tidy them up. Not sure if I want red to draw to much attention to them.

I'm tinting my windows also but only the rear 5 windows not touching the front windows. I won't go to dark either just like the oem black edition windows

Yes black is good for small callipers tbh, clean look. 35% seems like a good tint, not too dark not too light, not sure what tints black edition have. Nonetheless, keep us posted with the lowering and remember to take pics. Good luck

I'm looking to do my first mod to my 2010 1.6 a3 sportback.

I have seen a set of eibach sportline springs for £130 on ebay. I plan on upgrading my current 17" wheel to 18" s genuine wheels when i find a set.

I dont want my car to rub when I have people in the back or be too low over bumps, are the sportline springs to low should i get the pro instead?

Any reviews of the sportline springs on the orginal shocks with 18" wheels would be great and any pictures would be even better.

The Eibach Sportline springs were apparently designed to pair up with OEM shocks (or uprated ones). Obviously it will depend on which guise you have and mileage but with 35k on the clock you shouldn't need new shocks (although £279 seems an amazing price!). Is Technik similar to S-Line? If so you'll find hardly any difference with the Pro springs.

This might help: http://www.europerformance.co.uk/parts/suspension/eibach-sportline-springs/

Hi from Argentina , my car have eibach sportlines and oem shocks and i don't have any issues with that. The car have 56k miles and only i've upgraded the bushings with oem parts ( RS3 control arm bushings ).
I've checked on my local Audi dealer that the values for shocks are ok.

Here is some images.

With OEM 17"
10986437_10204467360538954_1447438529755995365_n.jpg

10959796_10204467380499453_7989809248269082786_n.jpg

With 17" doesn't rub any time on front or back.

With 18 x 8 et 30
11751408_10205594009104464_7540563479025938024_n.jpg

11796260_10205594009504474_1845587463139739964_n.jpg

Impossible to ride , a lot of rubbing on rear.

And now with BBS LM 18x8 et45

1610984_10206150424494501_9098158409739711098_n.jpg

12065935_10206150424214494_7800894268347276034_n.jpg

Minimal rubbing on the back on several conditions ( fully loaded and hard cornering ).

Cheers and Happy New Year for all!!

Reactions: Donny_DJ
The rubbing may be due to the offset. The recommended offset on A3 8p is ET54 and obv you've got a lowered car

Yes i know , i put the wheels size and offset to give him an idea.

Regards.

Reactions: Mujnu
Hi,
I've got the same set up as Ariel Castillo I'm running Eibach Sportline springs also on OEM standard shocks with no issue's at all no rubbing or anything even with 4 adults in the car, my car's done 56k miles i got mine off Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EIBACH-Sp...k-TFSI-Diesel-E20-15-007-04-22-/311512410528? they were just under £100 delivered from Germany which took approx. 4 days so didn't think that was to bad and the seller was very helpful in answering any questions i had

regards

Don't mean to hijack this thread. But do you think I can drop my a3 SE on eibach pro on the standard SE shocks without compromising ride quality? My car has 130,000 on the clock.

Past their best at that mileage , Bilstien B4 , Sport or S-line dampers .

Reactions: Donny_DJ
I wouldn't like to say really as I'm know expert I'd suggest you contact Eibach themselves through there website or contact the seller in the ebay link i posted above he was very helpful in advising me which springs i needed

Alright thanks lads. Sadly s line dampers don't fit my 1.9 :(

I ordered eibach pro springs in the end as I want it to look oem in the end when I've finished so 30mm will have it sitting between the height of an oem s line and s3.

I really want to get some bbs ch or rotas but I don't have more than £500 to spend on wheels and tyres so need to keep an eye out for 2nd hand