Eibach Sportline vs pro-Kit

RobMorris

Reaction score
Chaps

Im about to get myself a B6 1.9 tdi Advant..

First thing on the list is some lowzzz..

I want to run 18s, close arch gap BUT want to keep comfort!

Im not up for coilovers and just want some lowering springs..

What Eibach spring should I go with?

Cheers!

just fitted sportsline springs to mates 2004 1.9tdi he is running !8" rs 8 reps with no issues ,drives nice and sits well low ,i always run sports line springs and the ride is never much stiffer than stock but get a better drop than the pro kit .

dav

I fitted Apex along with B5 perches not Eibach about £70 cheaper and i have to say they ran very much like the stock sport springs, i had them on my 18" RS6 reps and looked great worth considering:

20130206_143917_zpsa7206079.jpg

Reactions: ruffrida
Do I need to run b5 perches with the sportline kit?
Ordo the front springs drop more than the rear ?
Thanks

Or do I go pro kit with b5 perches ?
Not looking to go super low just a nice subtle drop

Btw my cars a 2004 1.9tdi sport avant
and running 225/40/18 small stretch on 8.5j flat five

Heres mine on eibach pros with 19s. Ive got b5 perches too to get rid of the front arch gap

Reactions: murray555, Duck, Greeny233 and 4 others
Mine's pro without b5 perches, really think it looks better with them though in fact I'm on the hunt (among a million other wanted parts).

i got 2 full legs for £30 bud, just need strip em down and get em fitted, i WILL be running -35 springs with B5 perches, on Sportline shocks !!

Reactions: Welshquattro
I'm confused. My Eibach box say Pro-kit / Sportlines.

Which ones do I have?

I really want them on the car but apprehensive about the car being too low to tow the caravan with. I'm only on 235/45/17 wheels.

Dan

I could be wrong but I think that the pro-kit springs are black and the sport-line ones are red. I would say they use the same box for both. Does it have a label on the box with the part number on? If so check it on their web site.

Easiest way to tell is to look at how much they lower the car by. Pro lower 30mm, and sport lower 50mm.

Also I think welshquattro is right about the colour as my sport lines on my Bora were red.

So what's the difference between b5 and the original b6 perches say when you fit eibach or apex springs.

The gap on the front arches is bigger than the back so by adding b5 perches which lower it slightly it makes the car look level. I think the b5 perches lower by 15mm compared to the b6 ones.

Had sportline springs in an Astra a few years ago, loved them, the car handled like a go-kart. Front was nice and low, wish the rear was as low though

Do these B5 perches strip off their struts and bolt directly to the B6 ones?

So I've decided (maybe :/ ) 30mm Eibach pros with b5 perches, I will be replacing the stock sport springs - so therefore eibach springs on 04 plate sport shocks - would this work well or just stick with sport springs and install perches
All help appreciated

^^Running 8.5j 18" flat fives with 225/40/18 (small stretch)