Eibach Sportlines or Pro Kit???

D-xplicit Dubs

Reaction score
I have two broken coil springs.

The general consensus is if not going down the coilover route is so go with eibach springs but which one? Plus B5 perches is leading to me going confused.com

I have 1.8T S Line, would it be best to go with a sport line kit with B5 perches on standard shock. I'm after a subtle drop close the arch gap but wanting the same comfort as the OE shocks and spring's.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance!

I fitted the Pro kit earlier this year to stay as close as possible to OEM, best decision I ever made, they're brilliant......

Thanks DPM

@jblcalvin

Oh thats good to know! Did you do the B5 perches too?

What kind of drop to you have? How much of an arch gap do you have? Any pics?

Think I'm more being swayed for the pro kit.

Didn't do B5 perches and mine was a sport so almost no drop (then again my suspension was knackered.....)

Not sure how to add pics, sure I have some floating around.....

Can anyone tell me if the Eibach springs are a constant diameter for the A4/S4? and has anyone heard of failures on these cars?

I had a set on a TT and they snapped in less than 40k miles:
IMAG0687.jpg

I don't like how skinny the springs are at the top and bottom.

I'm a little dubious of the Quality of Eibach in general since I also had a pair of their spacers on a previous BMW and both snapped when removing the wheels. They seem to get a lot of positive comments on this forum though. Has anyone had experience of both Eibach and H&R springs on the A4/S4? I'm looking for some for my S4 at the moment and not sure what to go for.

I ended up going with 35mm H&R Springs in the end with B5 perches on S-Line shocks.

Absolutely loving the drop, however the ride can be a little bouncy. On a level road or with subtle bumps it rides like it OE

Anybody had anything similar?

Generally speaking, fitting any lowering springs to standard shocks will do this. The extent of the problem depends on how far from matched the springs and shocks are. As a blanket rule, the lower and stiffer the springs are, the worse the problem is.

I personally wouldn't fit lowering springs to standard shocks for this very reason. I have never been in a car lowered on springs only that wasn't at least a little bouncy.

I totally agree, but I thought as these are S-Line shocks they would be a little stiffer. Even the H&R website says they designed to fit with oe shocks.