Eibach springs - pics included

Aky

Aky
Reaction score
Finally managed to get my car into Awesome on Thursday for them to have a look at the Koni FSD's as the ride height had been raised by approx 20mm. They agreed that it wasn't supposed to raise the car by 20mm and fitted some eibach pro-kit springs.

The handling has transformed again. The car sits lower and can go round corners at pace. The FSD's are slightly firmer than stock and the springs are excellent. The rear looks about right and sits quite low in comparison to the front.

I'd like to say thanks to all at Awesome for their customer service. I really felt that I was being looked after rather than being "just another sale"

Anyway some pics for your comments. Enjoy

2007_11170023.jpg

2007_11170024.jpg

2007_11170022.jpg

Looks like how mine sits now with the same springs, I still think the fronts looks a little high with Eibach, I'm keen to go for a set of H&R springs sometime in the future.

I'm considering this setup and it looks a little higher that I'd hoped, but as long as you're happy with it, thats the main thing.

Did you get the tie bars in the end?

ICE

EDIT: I guess the springs may settle a bit?

There is no need for the tie bars - well at the moment. It should settle within a week or so and probably drop a few mil. I didn't want to go for the ultra low look......Personal choice. I'd say its a good setup if you don't want a too firm ride

Ok. Could you report back with if and how the springs settle in a couple of weeks please.

Were you told that you do not need tie bars, or is it an opinion you formed by yourself?

Cheers,

ICE

Same set-up as i had, will bed-in a little after a few days and look a tad lower

definetly recommend the adjustable tie bars, they made alot of difference to the handling and feel of the car, you wouldn't believe how far out it was before fitting the adjustables!

Looking good though

How much lower have the springs made the car from standard? Is that approx a 30mm drop? And is the ride a lot harsher and bumpier?

manj said:
How much lower have the springs made the car from standard? Is that approx a 30mm drop? And is the ride a lot harsher and bumpier?

Its on FSD's rather than stock so its not too bad. Can be a little bumpy but only on really bad roads. normal driving its sweet. I'd say approx 20mm drop. transforms the handling.

Hi Aky,

Do you think the springs have settled at all yet? If so, have you got any more pictures you could put up please?

Cheers,

ICE

Afternoon - its settled slightly. I'll try and get a new pic up today if i can get out and get a few snaps before it gets dark!

hmmm possibly, but not sure. Its going into Awesome next week/week after to get it looked at and a Supersprint system fitted so they are going to look at it. I told Awesome when they fitted the springs that if it needed tie bars to put them on as there would be no extra fitting charge, but it didn't need them.........(at the time)

You can see slightly that the rear wheel is at a slight angle so I'm fearing the worse and looking at alternative solutions! I haven't managed to get any more pics, its dark when I get home from work and the weather is awful