Eibach vs Vogtland

unikarl

Reaction score
Soooo

I have been so unsure about lowering my car but I bit the bullet and bought the eibach pro kit. Fitted it myself and got the alignment done. The car didn’t look like it had lowered at all compared to the s line springs it was on but it was a firmer ride and definitely handled better so I figured I’d be ok with it. After a few weeks I was spotting s lines all over the place that still looked lower than mine so I looked at vogtland springs instead.
I bought the 40mm springs and again, installed them myself then got the alignment done. The car does actually look lower now but not too low so I’m happy with the looks. The next part really surprised me though… I took it out for a drive and instantly noticed just how different it was compared to running eibachs. It’s a much more compliant ride even though it sits lower. Bumps are hardly felt compared to the eibach springs.
Now I’m 43 so I do prefer a more comfortable ride now but also like the lowered look so these springs are perfect for me.
If anyone is insure about either then the eibachs will firm the car up a bit and it will go around corners amazingly. The Vogtlands will give you a better stance and a better ride… the handling I’m not sure of yet as I haven’t pushed them but we will see.

Nice info - cheers!

Always nice when a mod works as you hope it might (albeit second time around oftentimes!).

Keep us posted re: handling.

I will take some pics as it stands tomorrow after it’s had a bath. I already have the eibach pics so I’ll put them up at the same time

Reactions: jds_sg
How it sits now and how high it sat when I first got it
AA353243 1AF0 49CE 8A38 5EB673C8B2B6
BA4C3CA8 296C 454A 9403 137B005C0BDC
4E7F5515 45EE 42F0 A189 C54108EFAB7F

Reactions: jds_sg
The Eibach springs look almost no different to the standard sport S line suspension. I have the same wheels as you but your does look good on the Vogtlands, nice stance. Are they standard 245/35 R19 tyres or did you go with the slightly wider (and therefore bigger diameter) 255/35 R19 that many do? I am currently considering this route as my tyres are nearing the end of their life.

I’m using the standard 245/35 size as I think the slightly bigger sidewall when using the 255’s is noticeable and makes the wheels look smaller. I fitted spacers instead to fill the arches out a bit. 12mm on the rears and 10mm on the fronts.