Eibach's on B8.5 S4 Installed

Rich M

Reaction score
Hi,

Just thought I'd put a little write up on a set of Eibach's I have installed on my B8.5 S4 as I have always used Eibach springs on all cars I have owned but the set I have installed for the S4 have proved better than I expected.

I ended up going for these mainly for the looks as I think standard sits a tad too high, so went for a drop of 20mm which seems to have balanced it out nicely. They are not the easiest of things to fit compared to previous cars which seems to have a crazy suspension set-up

The noticeable difference though is the ride and the way it handles. The Eibach's have a shorter coil at the ends which makes them quite progressive when driving over our horrible roads. I have damper control on the S4 which I leave in invidual with suspension on comfort and that was comfortable enough but it makes dynamic mode a little more bearable with the new springs installed.

Another note is lift off when launching the car from standstill in which the car bearly lunges back now and cornering is brilliant with reduced body roll. A rear anti-roll bar upgrade would make a great combination as when the car was up I had a look at the standard roll bar and it not that thick.

The pic I took was just after it came off the lift so was still settling but I will grab another later now it has settled.

Thanks to Collins Performance in Congelton for sorting it out

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    632.3 KB · Views: 7,401
Reactions: Chop., Sandra, S4_LEE and 3 others
Good set up IME (got them on my S4 B8)

The rear ARB makes a massive difference too (also used Eibach for this on mine)

Reactions: Rich M
Looks much better! Great write-up too, sounds like you're well pleased with the upgrade. Did you get an alignment done once the springs had settled?

I too love Eibach springs and like you have had them on previous cars but this time I thought I'd try the relatively new KW height-adjustable springs. They're expensive at ~£450 but provide a coilover-like ability to adjust ride height whilst retaining the OEM adaptive shocks, and means you can either perform corner weighting or get all four corners to the exact same level for looks.

Having said that, there's a lot to be said for a static setup as having adjustment just makes the OCD flare up :)

Reactions: Chop. and Rich M
Good set up IME (got them on my S4 B8)

The rear ARB makes a massive difference too (also used Eibach for this on mine)

Yes I was thinking the Eibach RARB too and would be a great addition

Looks much better! Great write-up too, sounds like you're well pleased with the upgrade. Did you get an alignment done once the springs had settled?

I too love Eibach springs and like you have had them on previous cars but this time I thought I'd try the relatively new KW height-adjustable springs. They're expensive at ~£450 but provide a coilover-like ability to adjust ride height whilst retaining the OEM adaptive shocks, and means you can either perform corner weighting or get all four corners to the exact same level for looks.

Having said that, there's a lot to be said for a static setup as having adjustment just makes the OCD flare up :)

Going for a laser alignment next week. Thought about adjustable springs but I would be forever messing about with them

This is the car now settled

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,075
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,049
Reactions: Chop., scotty76 and xpoweruk
looks just right :)

OEM+ look

Yeah looks good Rich, I've just ordered a 20mm set for my S4 B8 Avant after taking some advice. But got to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery from Germany. Great write up. I'll post some before and after pics once fitted.

Admittedly the H&R springs make it better looking as the drop is about 40mm IIRC but living in the countryside now where I need to be aware of ground clearance. But the Eibachs are a great compromise for looks and performance. Money well spent!