Electric auxiliary air heater on Black Edition A6 Avant

psychopomp1

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently placed a factory order for the Black Edition A6 Avant and I can now track this order online. On the order specs it states 'Electric auxiliary air heater'. Is this the same heater which our European neighbours get (or have the option of getting), ie allows you to heat up the car in advance? How well does it work?
Cheers

Don't think so. I think it is the extra heater that works until the car has fully warmed up. I believe the other system (with timers etc) actually burns diesel so is not electric

Reactions: psychopomp1
Theres two types of additional heaters see page 95 of the manual:
  • Supplementary heater (fitted as standard) - this works when the engine is running and can heat the car up faster in colder temperatures.
  • Auxiliary heater - this runs when the car is not running and can be scheduled via the MMI, or operated remotely by the key fob or (when it's working) the myAudi app.
It sounds like you may be getting both of the the above. I'd double check with the dealer.

As diesels run much colder than petrol engines, and take far longer to warm up, the first option is a standard fitment in European countries as stated. I am surprised they bother to list it though..

This is taken for the equipment list for my car on my.audi and I definitely do not have the Auxillary Heater that can be set remotely. As far as I am aware that heater is only offered in places like Scandinavia and Canada where they experience extreme cold

Upload 2019 11 1 11 6 19

Hi
May I ask where you found the UK manual for the A6? This is the only one i could find online but its for the US market:
https://ownersmanuals2.com/audi/a6-s6-2019-owners-manual-73359
Cheers
I accessed it via the myAudi website and also the myAudi app. If you're still awaiting delivery, you can only access service once you have your VIN number. Unfortunately, it's not possible to download the manual to local storage, so I'm unable to share a copy of mine with you :tired:

Hi,
I recently placed a factory order for the Black Edition A6 Avant and I can now track this order online. On the order specs it states 'Electric auxiliary air heater'. Is this the same heater which our European neighbours get (or have the option of getting), ie allows you to heat up the car in advance? How well does it work?
Cheers

Hi,

How do you track the order online, I placed an order 2 weeks ago for a Black Edition and the want to track.

Thanks

Hi,

How do you track the order online, I placed an order 2 weeks ago for a Black Edition and the want to track.

Thanks

I don’t know if it still the same situation but 2 months ago when I was waiting for my car there was no online tracking available, that was pulled a while ago. Had to chase updates from the sales exec unfortunately.

This has been fixed now and on that thread orders are being tracked now it seems...

This has been fixed now and on that thread orders are being tracked now it seems...

Amazing, shame I lost out, but probably for the best otherwise my phone battery would have drained a few more times with my relentless checking for updates

Reactions: cuke2u
Yes, we've all been there right to actually tracking the RORO ship :)

Reactions: Romi A6 and DaveW