Facelift Electric problem...

Peter1201

Reaction score
Couple of weeks ago, I couldn't start the car - battery flat. I'd used the car a couple of hours before and not had any problems with it. Trickle charged it for few hours and it still wouldn't start ..... an hour later thought I'd try it again as it was in the way on the drive, and it started.

It was booked in at the dealers next day for its first oil change so told the dealers, they kept it to check it over. They could see the battery had gone flat - every warning comes up when this happens and it was recorded. They couldn't see any reason for it (they obviously thought stupid old man had run it flat), charged the battery over-night and sent me on my way.

All was well for a couple of weeks until last Monday morning, late of course, I jump in the car and nothing just click. After a while, and turning auto lights and interior lights etc off, I managed to get the car started, It was only just but it just turned overland I and went straight to the dealer. That was a week ago and a they still have the car.

Problem diagnosed is the ignition stays on all the time 24/7 in the background, despite being 'turned off' car locked etc. They have not able to fix it so far and are now talking the tech in Germany. Not happy and was wondering if anyone else had anything similar?

So it's a keyless start?

Reactions: Peter1201
I'd be looking at that system 1st, but they'll resolve it.

Reactions: Peter1201
Very few systems enable ignition, so it can't be that hard to work out.

Yes, and very well too ! Audi now provide the courtesy cars via Euopcar. I'm currently driving a one week old S5 convertible, the first time I had a new Audi A6 Avant. Pretty good me thinks !

Reactions: Scottyg
I believe it’s a new system whereby Audi UK now provide courtesy cars and not the dealer. Audi have placed cars with Europcar around the country. The cars are either delivered to the dealer, customer or wherever you are and dropped off at the dealer when you collect you car.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaffewEM and Scottyg
I believe it’s a new system whereby Audi UK now provide courtesy cars and not the dealer. Audi have placed cars with Europcar around te country. The cars are either delivered to the dealer, customer or wherever you are and dropped off at the dealer when you collect you car.

So if you have the car in for a service you get this? Or does it have to have a fault.. sounds good but I have to say a Europcar I drive past everyday has a nicely placed S3 sitting there sometimes so I'm beginning to think it's used for this courtesy-car purpose.

@MaffewEM my mate works for Enterprise and owns an S3. He parks his car at the front of the lot but no ones getting in that apart from him. :thumbs up:

Reactions: MaffewEM
So if you have the car in for a service you get this? Or does it have to have a fault.. sounds good but I have to say a Europcar I drive past everyday has a nicely placed S3 sitting there sometimes so I'm beginning to think it's used for this courtesy-car purpose.

Believe it’s only for repairs carried out under guarantee but not 100% on that