Electric Recaro Problem, seat wont go down...

Dane

Had an 8L S3, a B5 RS4 now I have a B8 S4
Reaction score
Hi guys, I know its not for the s3 but the seats are the same lol,

I, stupidly, was messing around with my seat position and I raised the height a little. When I went to put it back down nothing happened so to check it wasn't ******** I pressed the up control and it went up but it still wont go down...

so the motor will lift the seat up but wont reverse to put it back down, I've had a good look around for disconnected wires but I can't see anything obvious, anyone heard of anything similar/know of a fix?

Cheers,

Dane

I have unexpectedly fixed it.

Having searched and searched, there are micro switches that I guess tell the motor when the chair has reached its maximum and minimum points.
The only one I could see is at the rear of the seat on the door side roughly in line with the seat belt feed.
it looks like this
9398c4b1.jpg

Now first of all I tried pushing it in a few times and that didnt work, I tried holding it in and using the button but that didnt work either. fortunately I held the down button and released the switch and it then moved a bit but then stopped, so a few repetitions and its now back down.
Theres a fabric cover under the seat, its a good Idea to reattach it before you put the seat all the way down lol. Hopefully it'll help someone in the future...

thanks to this thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/127812-electric-recaro-problems.html which contains this http://users.ox.ac.uk/~engs0330/car/a3_interior.pdf Recaros are from page 72-116 onwards

Last edited:
Yeah I just won't adjust it up again lol

Yea i had same problem with the passenger one,freinds get in my car see electric seat and think its a funfair ride,wel it is untill they brake it!,certain positions of the seat pushed forwards does put it back down though just a pain!common faught i think!

And if the microswitch is knackered, replacement part is 4BO 959 985, although best be feeling flush as retail at the moment is £17.24 + vat!!!

And if the microswitch is knackered, replacement part is 4BO 959 985, although best be feeling flush as retail at the moment is £17.24 + vat!!!

Cheers dude.

had this issue today, fiddled around with the microswitch as said here and the seat finally came back down again.. very happy! thanks guys!

I have this annoying issue now as well. The helmet from kiwi fit that did my tracking put the seat more or less right up. I'm 6'5" and it ain't funny now.

imtried to see the micro switch in question today but no luck? Help!!!!!