Electric version of Air Hammer

audiwaterpump

Reaction score
Hello
Those air hammers that the workshops use look like a decent bit of kit for removing stubborn parts.

However, most people don't have compressed air at their house.
Is there an electrical version of the air hammer?
If so, please post link.

Obviously, there are electric versions of air impact wrenches.

Thanks

Reactions: Jcbmally
Do you mean to remove seriously tight bolts, if so, then impact guns are the ones to use.

Reactions: audiwaterpump
Do you mean to remove seriously tight bolts, if so, then impact guns are the ones to use.
Sorry, to clarify, I meant for removing tapered joints, ball joints, pinch bolts, etc.
Generally, any where where you would want to use a hammer, but space restricts you from using a conventional manual hammer.

The impact wrench will remove the nut, but the bolt maybe stuck tight.

So an electric version of an air-hammer.
If that makes sense.

Not that I know of. Perhaps could use a sds drill on chisel

Hello
Those air hammers that the workshops use look like a decent bit of kit for removing stubborn parts.

However, most people don't have compressed air at their house.
Is there an electrical version of the air hammer?
If so, please post link.

Obviously, there are electric versions of air impact wrenches.

Thanks
Yup, Hilti gun/drill/hammers or even better there are dewalt ones

You can pick up a small compressor for £80 then you can use the air version. That's all I did when I left the trade. Other than that SDS would be the next best option as @abmat suggested.

Yeap I have sds, which includes hammer function, add the sds hammer bit & away you go, although some of the sds drill main unit can be quite heavy, but could probably get away with 18v lithium, as its the batteries that kill the arms lol

Yeap I have sds, which includes hammer function, add the sds hammer bit & away you go, although some of the sds drill main unit can be quite heavy, but could probably get away with 18v lithium, as its the batteries that kill the arms lol
I have a corded SDS drill with a chisel function, but it's a bulky and heavy item. I doubt it would be of much use for car work in areas where access in limited (but I could be wrong).