Electrical nightmares

ryan atkinson

Reaction score
Hi. I’m in need of some help if possible,I have an 03 a4 avant b6 which is driving me mad. My hazard/alarm lights keep going off on their own and I have no idea why. It happened after my car was parked for a week without moving,when I opened my car with the key fob they just started flashing and have done so randomly ever since. The only way I have worked out to stop it is to turn my headlights on/off. My electric windows have also stopped working. It drained my battery in the end but after I’d recharged it and put it back everything worked fine even the windows,but after it had been parked up overnight and I came to use it again lights started flashing and windows stopped working again!

You have an issue with the CCM (Convenience Control Module) this controls the alarm, doors, interior lights, windows etc. In there infinite wisdom Audi decided to put it under the carpet in the front passenger footwell. Great until you get some kind of water leak in the car and the CCM ends up swimming.
If you pull the carpet up in the footwell of the front passenger seat you will probably find it's wet.
They also do this with Passats as I had a 2002 Passat that had the same issue due to a leaking pollen filter seal.
So Google CCM water leak
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6...enience-comfort-mod-water-logged-pics-157735/

Reactions: ryan atkinson
You have an issue with the CCM (Convenience Control Module) this controls the alarm, doors, interior lights, windows etc. In there infinite wisdom Audi decided to put it under the carpet in the front passenger footwell. Great until you get some kind of water leak in the car and the CCM ends up swimming.
If you pull the carpet up in the footwell of the front passenger seat you will probably find it's wet.
They also do this with Passats as I had a 2002 Passat that had the same issue due to a leaking pollen filter seal.
So Google CCM water leak
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6...enience-comfort-mod-water-logged-pics-157735/
ok. Thanks very much for the reply I will have a look over the weekend.

Morning,pulled the carpet back over the weekend and was expecting to find it damp or water ingress but bone dry. Looked inside the box itself and also bone dry. Only leak I’ve had is when the drain hole by the battery was blocked and the drivers footwell got soaked. Is there anything under there that could cause these problems? Cheers

Plan B. Other reasonably common issue is with the wiring loom that runs from the interior of the car through the rubber boot into the drivers door. The opening and closing over the many years can cause breaks in the wiring . This results in intermittent issues. If the wire that connects to the lock goes open circuit the CCM will see that as the door being opened. A lot of the electric window wiring goes to the switches on the drivers door.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...rs-door-wiring-loom-from-the-car-body.125718/

That was my first port of call as the windows just stopped working all of a sudden. Beeped the cables from the purple connector in the door to the window module and all was ok,changed the window switch but they still don’t work. After it had drained my battery the other day and I had recharged it,when I put the battery back the windows worked perfectly and the lights didn’t flash once as I took it for a drive. Parked up overnight and no windows since and the lights are like Las Vegas strip! Maybe time for the scrapper.