Elsawin thread deleted??

madstaff

Reaction score
Could someone kindly explain why has my thread regarding Elsawin been removed/deleted??

Theres loads of other threads regarding Elsawin??

Have i done something against forum rules??

Thanks.

there was probably a link directing to copyrighted material hence the thread was moved/deleted.

The thread was deleted because of links to software that was not genuine. :) x

Being devil's advocate he but should threads only be deleted if they link to download of pirate software, if you just link to an ebay sales surly it's ebay responsibility to remove such items, as you are just linking to a item for sale. I know most of the users will know it's an not genuine version but some will not realise and just click the buy it now button.

It's also strange that there is lots of copies of elsawin on ebay but almost all versions of ekta have been removed.

Have to say the rules are well hidden, only found them due to this thread. http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/forum-support/173053-rules.html.

Understand what they say I was just questioning the fact we are listing to an ebay item and not to actual software download. But I won't do it again consider my wrists slapped:asskicking: :beerchug: I take it we are still Ok saying search for "elaswin on ebay"

Yes you may say sarch for elsawin on ebay, just please dont put the link on site. The site rules are available to read. There is a faq link below the garage button on the main forum page. :)

I did look under FAQ but could not see a link to rules, that's all I see.
FAQ

The rules were shown to every current member when they signed up and any changes that have been made since have been displayed to you when you next signed in, you had to acknowledge them to allow you to sign in

Not having a go here, just saying they are difficult to find. I was asked to check the forum rules and had difficulty in finding them, also from the looks of the thread I linked to I'm also not the only person who had trouble finding them!

I would imagine theres a good proportion of users on here with Elsawin which has come from the same place.

And more than likely they have been steered there from users on here.

OK so the rules prohibit talks about elsawin then??? Surely somebody has the genuine software?

Elsawin went obsolete a few years back. Audi/vw moved to an online system Erwin, which you can buy access to.

Also, wow what thread revival.

Reactions: Sandra and Shaun Osborne
Elsawin went obsolete a few years back. Audi/vw moved to an online system Erwin, which you can buy access to.

Also, wow what thread revival.
OK so can anyone recommend the best and most trusted place to buy the access from please?

You buy access from the site, just register and pay.

Reactions: Sandra
You buy access from the site, just register and pay.
Yeah it's quite expensive though, it was more for research in my spare time. I will see if it's possible to print it all off then it might be worth me doing. I appreciate that information comes at a cost but as diy'er and not a qualified professional, I think it would take me weeks to completely understand.

Yes, you can print it all out, or save as PDF using a PDF printer. There is no restriction on that.

Does it work the same as elsawin? So you can zoom in and has same features so you can do diagnostic, repairs, parts etc?

There are no part numbers for that you need software like etka which is dealer only. Repairs are there + a hole lot more than elsawin as the copied version where never connected with VW servers. With Erwin you put your vin number in and it will bring out all the details for your car + any outstanding recall's etc and what work has been done on the car. Last time I used it it was about 7euro for an hours access.

Reactions: Shaun Osborne
easymanuals.co.uk sell manuals for most marques of cars, in the case of VW Group cars, the manuals in electronics form that they sell are just a snap shot taken from erwin website, if your car is no longer in production then its erwin workshop manual should now be quite stable, so safe to buy and use an older than current version of workshop manual.

There are a few online VW Group parts listing sites, though possibly mainly based in Russia, I frankly can't see much wrong with using a "ripped off" copy of a parts listing as I then just hand over the numbers to my local VW Group dealership or an online VW Group parts provider, plenty domestic appliance spare parts companies use their own sourced copies of part numbers.

Reactions: Shaun Osborne