Emission Control System Fault

amimmortal

Reaction score
Hi all...

I've browsed over to some of the other posts (via the search tool) to find out some information on this.

I've had the A6 for a couple of weeks now, and today the Emission Control System Fault light appeared in the dashboard.

It's a 54 car, but it's only covered 29000 miles.

I need to know what the worst case scenario is. I've not noticed anything wrong with the running of the car since the light came on, so I'm assuming it's nothing too serious, but still I don't want to be hit by a massive bill at Audi!

Can someone give me an idea of what to expect?

Cheers!

A.

Hmmm...

I just put the car through a car wash and topped up the washer bottle, then when I started the engine back up the Emission Control System warning light had disappeared, and hasn't come back on since...

Most peculiar.

Should I take it from this that the problem was minor and not worry about it?

Strange that a car wash should fix it, no?

A.

Ok, it came on again this morning about 5 minutes into my journey to work.

I think I'll be taking it to Star Performance in Kirkcaldy for them to have a look at.

Cheers,
A.

PS. Is anyone even looking at this thread apart from me? ;-)

Ok...

My wife just called to say the light has gone off again.

The question is - "is there something wrong or isn't there?"

Anyone?

A.

im reading it bud lol......ive had the abs light stay on before then switched off an back on and never done it since....maybe just a glitch??

Took the car to Star Performance in Kirkcaldy today.

Turns out some kind of switch was faulty, resulting in the fuel mix being too rich, which accounts for the poor economy.

Parts plus labour £56... Not too bad, given that they didn't charge for the diagnostics.

A.

whats was it in the end then....any part numbers?

Took the car to Star Performance in Kirkcaldy today.

Turns out some kind of switch was faulty, resulting in the fuel mix being too rich, which accounts for the poor economy.

Parts plus labour �56... Not too bad, given that they didn't charge for the diagnostics.

A.

Hi my emission light came on about 10 minutes after changing my 17" alloy wheels to 16" steel wheels with snow tyres. It thn went off and came back on but I have noticed the economy on the car seems to have improved somewhat. Any ideas?