Emission control system

ColeyRS3

Reaction score
Hello to everyone, has anyone had any issues with this? the warning light for mine came up today after starting the engine, the car is two years old and has 15,500 miles on the clock, the only difference I can think of is yesterday I filled up at a different garage and am wondering if its just dodgy fuel? I have only ever used V power.

Thanks Coley

Nope. I've used Shell V-Power in the main and/or Shell Regular when and if necessary

26mpg average from new and ZERO problems with the engine/gearbox and/or car

GO Audi...:superman:

Reactions: ColeyRS3
Hi coley get the car scanned with vcds see what the fault code is as It could be a few things :thumbs up:

Reactions: 45bvtc and ColeyRS3
Thanks for the replies,been getting the runaround from the dealer and roadside assistance but I am now booked in for Monday.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Just a though ColeyRS3: go try driving the car in manual mode for a few miles keeping the revs high (3000rpm ish) and the load low, as you would typically with a manual box; it may be if you're using 'drive' too much then your car is always trying to grab 7th in a 30mph zone and not 'working'. The internal combustion engine does like to be 'worked' so that the piston to bore clearance is kept to a minimum. Cold engines equals upper cylinder blow with dirty oil being the most obvious indicator. Go drive that RS3 in manual mode for a day or two remembering that the down-shifts will take care of themselves so all you need to concentrate on is the up-shifts. Hope this helps.

Ran our 2.0 quattro DSG TT to Barmouth earlier this week (@37mpg overall) doing just this; the next suitable day the RS3 will be getting the same treatment.

P1000794x

On Penmaenpool bridge: 70p each way and well worth it just for the views...

Barmouth in Wales what a lovely place ;)

Reactions: 45bvtc
Update, before I took my car in I found this damage!! The breather pipe from the rocker cover to the manifold, garage words them not mine! chewed open by some sort of rodent!!! and a couple of other nibbles on bits of other plastic fittings, pipe now replaced at a total of £138.92!!
Coley

Attachments

• 279.JPG
    279.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 237
Yep, that's the sort of thing that'd cause an adverse effect, ColeyRS3; it just isn't designed run like that.

Hope all is well now...

Make sure you set some traps in case the rat is still hiding there.