emission recall

j4yvw

Reaction score
Hi all

Loking for some technical help regarding the audi emission recall.
Planning to go see a a3 sportback blackedition tdi 170 on a 2010 plate and the car has had the recall carried out.
My question is can it be removed if i had the dpf and egr deleted and ecu remapped?
Does this model have any oil pump issues as well?

many thanks
Jay

Audi won't remove/reverse it. The reason this was done was because of NOX emissions. The EGR system reduces NOX emissions and the update must have brought the EGR system into play to a greater extent, so having a third party remap (mapping out the EGR) will effectively cancel the Audi update.

My car was made at the start of 2010 and has the updated oil pump however, with components being made and stocked around the World, it is difficult to say for sure, on a forum today, whether or not the car in question has the updated unit.

Many thanks Retroman

I ended up buying the car as it was too good to miss. I have a 2007 a3 tdi 170 sline 3door and have been looking for a sportback with options.
I bought a phantom black 2010 sportback sline sp edition cr170 CBBB 49,00o mls with 2 owners and fash. With following options Black edition styling from factory, flat bottom wheel, xenons, RNSE, Pan roof, heated dimming folding mirrors, heated half leather, front and rear sensors with parallel park assist, ipod dock, black roof bars, auto lights and wipers, bluetooth.

I have a to do list now.

1) install door lights and puddle lights
2) install ch/lh feature
3) figure out how to have drl lights on their own
4) dpf and egr delete

They all have oil pump issues. Changing from a 77mm hex key to 100mm never fixed the problem, it only elongated the "problem free" time window...Audi appeasing the 3 year lease companies as usual...

Lovely spec on that car by the way!!

Sounds like a nice, low mileage example. The Common rail CBBB is a nice smooth, quiet diesel and I find the fuel economy (mine is just FWD) extremely good - in fact I have been amazed how good it is and as a result kept the car longer than I had originally intended. I've not heard of anyone with the updated oil pump having a problem - although I am sure some internet soothsayer of doom will correct me and say they are all ticking time bombs :haha:

Sounds like a nice, low mileage example. The Common rail CBBB is a nice smooth, quiet diesel and I find the fuel economy (mine is just FWD) extremely good - in fact I have been amazed how good it is and as a result kept the car longer than I had originally intended. I've not heard of anyone with the updated oil pump having a problem - although I am sure some internet soothsayer of doom will correct me and say they are all ticking time bombs :haha:

Retroman knows me well, we have a similar spec car, well at least 3 of us now lol

I didn't have the Audi update done because, if its not broke, don't fix it.

Someone will pop along in a minute to say its all gloom, car is going to fall to bits tomorrow lol
Properly got bit once, now has a grudge, you know the story's!!

I brought my 2010 plate CBBB A3 5 years ago at 40,000 miles, just hit 244,000 miles.
I'm still waiting for all those bits to fail, that includes the clutch!
Not one real problem, look after it (reg oil changes) it will look after you!

Right, over to the doom and gloom lads...............................................

mines a CBBB too

No emission recall and had it since 45k, now on almost 80k (I know that's not a galactic increase) but *touches wood* I haven't had any issues. The only odd thing I would say it since Audi did the cambelt and waterpump about a month ago my MPG's have gone down :shrug:

mines a CBBB too

No emission recall and had it since 45k, now on almost 80k (I know that's not a galactic increase) but *touches wood* I haven't had any issues. The only odd thing I would say it since Audi did the cambelt and waterpump about a month ago my MPG's have gone down :shrug:

I made a mistake, had man flu for two weeks, not been out in the car until today.
Its only done 142,000 miles lol

Plenty of torque and power in the CBBB. One complaint I have is having to apply the brakes when accelerating up steep hills to avoid hitting the petrol Audis in front who have slowed down in 2nd gear :welcoming:

Reactions: andyb616
Thanks for all replies. I am picking the car up on friday and going striaght into my garage fot the following:
1) Sump off for clean
2) egr off and clean
3) intake manifold off and clean
4) full service oil, oil and fuel filter, pollen filter
5) full wash and detail weather permitting
6) fit headlamp protectors
7) cambelt and waterpump in summer
8) dpf delete and egr delete remap in summer

I’m also in a cbbb a3 Black 2010 a3, quattro don’t think mines had the update and it’s on 100000, I reckon it needs a remap though as it doesn’t feel as quick as my bkd did

Plenty of torque and power in the CBBB. One complaint I have is having to apply the brakes when accelerating up steep hills to avoid hitting the petrol Audis in front who have slowed down in 2nd gear :welcoming:

My son has just bought a 59 plate, same as my 2010 plate, he liked it that much.
Same car, same engine, same spec, same colour just 130,000 less miles lol

Reactions: andyb616