eml after decat, what to do to resolve?

brys3

Reaction score
as title really, i know this has been covered previously but the search function isnt very precise and ive been looking for nearly an hour now. what do you do about the engine management light after a decat? how do you remove it etc? please advise

Do you have a post cat lamda sensor? Pretty sure if you have it would cause the fault, also i'm not 100% sure but i think a remap can write out the mentioned sensor.

yes i do have the post cat lambda seneor. and ive already had a stage 1 remap.

Getting the post cat lambda coded out or using an extension tube that spaces the probe away from the exhaust gas are your options....

Extension tubes can be bought from eBay IIRC

<tuffty/>

right ok cheers, its a bit tight for space as it is, ill check it out though. anyone know where i can source an aftermarket downpipe to fit on standard style cat fitment?

If you are going for an aftermarket downpipe then you may as well get one with a 200 cell cat tbh mate... I paid about £100 for the 200 cell on mine but obviously it needed to be welded in place... not an issue for me but may well be for others.

Welly has been playing with the XS Power downpipe and has a thread on here about them... use that as a start point and get a 200 cell cat welded in the decat section... I run a cat on a 3" system with 350bhp with no issue...

<tuffty/>

yes i do have the post cat lambda seneor. and ive already had a stage 1 remap.

Sadly, if you've already had a remap, you'll have to take it somewhere to have te map re written to avoid the eml

I believe RTech will map out the post cat sensor for about £30

You need a angled spacer. You can get them from America ebay for about £10. Get one of them on and the light will not come on.

Nathan

Ok cheers, tufty what cat and downpipe have you used?