EML keeps coming back on ! Help please !

A4 TC

1.8T quattro sline
Reaction score
Hi guys need help badly !
Had the EML come on and reset on numerous occasions and had it scanned and the code come up with P1128 and other codes saying running lean , quick search on this forum and suggestions are change the maf and airflow sensors !
These have been changed today leaks have been checked for ! And driving home today the EML has come back on again ! Starting to really p*ss me off now cause its been back to the garage numerous times .

So guys , is there anything else I need to check or change to get it back to normal again ?
Cheers A4 TC

After you changed those things was the car rescanned for fault codes? And had they gone?

After you changed those things was the car rescanned for fault codes? And had they gone?

The car was rescanned and the p1128 fault code cleared ! The car drives fine for a little while , then I can tell the engine management light is going to come back on cause the car struggles for power and feels very flat ! and another visit to get it scanned again , the same problem of running lean ! Getting sick and tired of back and forth to garage !
P.s it's a 1.8t Quattro sline by the way !

It may be worth pressure testing the boost system and checking all the vac lines my mate had similar and turned out to be a broken nipple on the inlet manifold that the fuel pressure regulator connected to

Finally ! Hope this sorts it ! A split has been found on the air intake pipe right where the jubilee clip is , so made it harder to find !

Thank you guys for the input given !

Finally ! Hope this sorts it ! A split has been found on the air intake pipe right where the jubilee clip is , so made it harder to find !

Thank you guys for the input given !

Glad your have hopefully sorted it mate