EML light came on today and MOT is tomorrow

rhall100

Reaction score
Hi,

Sod's law! My EML came on today, and my MOT is tomorrow.....is the EML warning light being on a fail?

It started today with an intermittent loss of acceleration. It would flicker between being normal then to no acceleration, then back to normal again. Also, when turning off ignition it would reset the problem for a few minutes. It's not a constant loss of acceleration. Other than that, the at is fine.

Audi A6 2.0 tdi 57 plate

Thanks

Just took it to garage and dropped it off. I mentioned about the EML light and it won't be a fail due to it being on.

They will plug it in to read the code.....will update later!

Good and bad news.

Good news - the car passed its mot.

Bad news - the EML fault was read, and it relates to EGR Valve. Can't remember the fault code he mentioned.

Is this bad news? Costly to fix? Can it just be cleaned?

Thanks

Cleaning them sometimes works. Pity you can't remember the fault code it's so much easier. At least it passed the MOT.

Reactions: rhall100
I'll ask for the fault code when I go back in to pay on Monday.

It's probably coincidence, but I added a Diesel engine system cleaner into my tank yesterday on way home from work, and today the car lost acceleration on fewer occasions than yesterday. Seemed to accelerate better too......but that's probably me being hopeful!