Engine bay dress up

nervus

Reaction score
I'm now hanging out in here as the RS5 page is a ghost town, probably as a result of the low numbers sold.

I don't know if A5/ S5 is the same as the RS but i've been bugged since day one with the plastic plugs on the top of the shock towers. They have holes in them and let all the crap from the wheel well splatter the engine bay.

I found these neat plugs form ECS (stocked by Awesome GTI Store) and they've eliminated the problem for £30.

I also found that ECS do a Carbon ECU cover and matching airbox Skin. The carbon matches the factory RS carbon weave and suits the OG engine cover.

Attachments

• IMG_4065.jpg
    IMG_4065.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_4063.jpg
    IMG_4063.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_4076.jpg
    IMG_4076.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: daytonamart, Buck, Bells and 1 other person
I'm now hanging out in here as the RS5 page is a ghost town, probably as a result of the low numbers sold.

I don't know if A5/ S5 is the same as the RS but i've been bugged since day one with the plastic plugs on the top of the shock towers. They have holes in them and let all the **** from the wheel well splatter the engine bay.

I found these neat plugs form ECS (stocked by Awesome GTI Store) and they've eliminated the problem for £30.

I also found that ECS do a Carbon ECU cover and matching airbox Skin. The carbon matches the factory RS carbon weave and suits the OG engine cover.
Do you by any chance know how the holes were formed?

It's a good thing you were able to patch it up but that's strange that it happened.

Do you by any chance know how the holes were formed?

It's a good thing you were able to patch it up but that's strange that it happened.

They are factory holes for access but the factory plugs have slots in them and the crap get in...

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed that on my S5 but I’ll have to check now :tearsofjoy: Nice RS though, great colour!