Engine cover for 2.0 TFSi

Kingfisher

Reaction score
can't fine through VAGCAT( seems to be down more than up) and tried a couple of others ,unsuccessfully
but looking for the part number ( & price) of the top cover ( black/silver plastic thing with red stripes lettering on ).
Have a mini project in mind but if I break it I shall require a new one fast !!
Car is S3 saloon.
Thanks.

Part number is : 06K103925E

Couple on eBay new condition £75-80.

intersted in seeing what you plan to do...

i remember modifying the cover of my leon, so i could fit my neuspeed intake! needless to say i goosed it, so i ran without a cover.

I'd personally be wary of buying parts like that off eBay in case they've come from a car that has been stolen and stripped down for parts. I'd suggest either Audi or a reputable salvage business...

I'd personally be wary of buying parts like that off eBay in case they've come from a car that has been stolen and stripped down for parts. I'd suggest either Audi or a reputable salvage business...

pay full price
or a lot less...and risk it being stolen goods.

id take the risk.

pay full price
or a lot less...and risk it being stolen goods.

id take the risk.

I agree as far as the price of genuine parts often being ridiculous, which is why I also suggested a reputable breaker as a source. In my view buying parts of unknown history off eBay is not fair on the many people on here who have suffered burglaries (in some cases violent) to pinch their S3 keys. I just find it very hard to imagine many sets of circumstances where someone who isn't a reputable salvage business would have a part such as an S3 engine cover to sell unless it was dodgy.

I would never knowingly buy, anything, from a dodgy place or suppler, like I generally do not pay cash for work done on the house etcetc.

However I note the points made but the e bay seller has almost 8000 sales and if you look at the picture background it appears to be a ' proper' vehicle recycler and the part will be issued with a VAT invoice

Reactions: Rob2k68
I would never knowingly buy, anything, from a dodgy place or suppler, like I generally do not pay cash for work done on the house etcetc.

However I note the points made but the e bay seller has almost 8000 sales and if you look at the picture background it appears to be a ' proper' vehicle recycler and the part will be issued with a VAT invoice

most my doings are cash.
it doesn't mean I'm a bad person, nor does it mean the persons I'm dealing with are bad people.

my plumber will charge me cost for all my work
my electrician is the same
my builder is the same
I'm their mechanic, I'm the same

yet my 3 friends all own successful business and i have a hard working job also.
we aren't tax avoiding, we haven't stolen our parts, we don't pay for each others time. now if i said to one of them, do a job for a friend of mine, and they didn't want to pay cash and they wanted an invoice, they'd get charged full price.

invoices are copied
paper work is checked
finances are balanced
and it then get declared as work...when you should have just paid a tenner for the part and made a brew for their time.

work aside, i am also a thief, i steal motorbikes and sell meth amphetamines cut with god only knows...

I most certainly did not intend to insinuate that anybody dealing in cash was 'dodgy' !
My father was a cash person.... all his life... he was a Vicar !
The comments made, by some others, appear to have been aimed at the e bay ad you sent the link for - my reply was meant to indicate that I consider the ad to be for a legally acquired salvage part.