Engine covers (yes another one :) )

peteh

Reaction score
Hi all, just fitted my engine covers to my tdi, firstly remember the pollen filter cover has to be removed before the large full width cover will go on, lol. Also the battery cover slides in from right to left, took me ages to figure that out. Haha

Part numbers are -

small slidy batt cover - 8E2 819 422 A0 1C
Large rear full master cylinder,pollen filter, batt cover - 8E2 819 447 01 C
right side washer bottle/power steering reservoir cover - 8E0 103 927 C0 1C
left side air con pipe cover (behind airbox) - 8E0 103 928 B

Need a little help fitting the two side covers for those have already done this please....right hand washer bottle cover, it needs trimming for the top water hose yeah? Also the cover behind the airbox, how have people fixed this? Or left it loose and let the bonnet hold it down? But does this make it rattle?

Any help would great please.

cheers, pete

i trimmed mine for the pipe i used a dremmel and removed a bit at a time till it looked neat and on the drivers side cover i put a couple of holes in the cover and just used black cable ties simple enough worked for me

Brilliant cheers lads, just what I needed.

It's the 1.9 tdi 130, but different to the above, but my passenger side cover is different to that one.

Now to buy a drimel, lol

Mines the 130 sport too the pass cover is from an s4 as too is the other cover I think

Yup, mine are still sat collecting dust in the garage :(

Hello guys!

The ac pipe cover also requires a new air intake pipe. If you was liiking at your ontake at the front left of the vehicle the part is split down tthe middle. The half that physically runs into the airbox shpuld be changed when.fitting the ac pie cover.

Only reason od there are two clips molded onto the intake pipe which the ac pipe cover clips onto.
And the hole on the panel slidedls over a small threaded bar near the rear of the bay. Hope this helps!