Engine Light came on.....Don't know what Vag Com Fault is about!

J.R.

"Started From The Bottom"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I was driving today and the engine light came on...so I did a Vag Com test and it came up with this:

18322 - Pressure Sensor for Brake Boost (G294): Implausible Signal
P1914 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

Does anybody know what this means? As I can't find the meaning anywhere e.g google, Vag com Wiki..ect...

Did you clear this & then test to see if it came back, thats when you need to be concerned.

An Update: I sorted out the (18322 - Pressure Sensor for Brake Boost (G294): Implausible Signal) it was a lose pipe in the engine. I now have a (00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85) 003 - Mechanical Failure) error which I need to check out. But i've googled it and know what to look for and i'm going to try and clean the sensor before I try and buy a new one to see what that do. I also got a (17811 - EGR System: Regulation Deviation P1403 - 008 - Implausible Signal) error but I know what that is......I need a new EGR... thanks for your help NHN ...

Do a steering angle calibration 1st & see if faults clear, if not PM me as I have a spare steering angle sensor for sale if needed.

Do a steering angle calibration 1st & see if faults clear, if not PM me as I have a spare steering angle sensor for sale if needed.

How do you do a "steering angle calibration" ?

Use the thanks button if someone helps you mate & I dont mean just myself, just shows courteousy mate, thanks.

I’ve just tried this out and I get to this stage: Enter 40168, to enable the basic setting. Then I get this error in the picture below:
Basic Setting

Sensor for Steering Angle (G85)

Prerequisites:

• Start the vehicle.
  • Turn the steering wheel one turn to the right and one turn to the left.
  • Drive in a short distance straight line on a level surface at a speed not higher than 20 km/h.
  • If the steering wheel is straight during the test drive then stop the vehicle with the wheels pointed straight.
  • Ensure that the steering wheel is not moved again.
  • Keep the engine running and do not switch off the ignition.
  • System voltage at least 12.0 V.
[Select]
[03 - Brake Electronics]
[Coding-II - 11]
OR (if Coding-II is not available)
[Security Access - 16]
Enter 40168, to enable the basic setting.
[Do it!]

2obasicsettingstestp
basicsettingstest.png