Engine light on

Sug

Reaction score
Engine light pinged up today whilst driving, drove as normal and the only thing I noticed was oil temp was only 58 degrees. When I got home my next door neighbour scanned car and only code that came up was coolant sensor. Coolant still on max and oil level fine. Neighbour noticed a little connection down by radiator on left side not quiet in correctly so amended that and cleared the fault code. Took her for a 15min blast and no engine light came on and oil temp raised to 78 degrees rather than the previous 58 degrees I know the oil temp should be around the 90 mark so wondered if anyone else had come across this. Is it worth getting checked out in morn. Car is S3 2014 with 20k on

Thanks in advance Chris

Sounds like you've nailed it if no more fault codes but keep an eye on it. For info, oil temp doesn't register until 50 degrees and on mine, full temp is between 105 and 107 degrees.

Reactions: pburv
Took car out again to check. I was out about 25-30 mins so should of been registering approx 100 degrees on oil temp but seem to settle at 58 car ran fine and coolant/oil levels ok

Oil temp should be higher than that mate on an S3. Mine reaches the 100 mark within 15mins.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Find soneone close to you with vcds. It saves on the guessing..Or take it to your local stealers..

Reactions: Rob2k68