engine managemeon!

rs3_nardo

Reaction score
Hello peeps, new onto the Audi scene. my 2018 rs3(totally stock) had the dreaded engine management light on few days ago, having plugged it in, it’s showing 3 fault codes;

P21F400 - Fuel control system ‘B’ too lean off idle Bank 1

P049F00 - exhaust pressure control valve B
P025C00 - Fuel pump module control circuit low

car is still under extended warranty, the earliest my local dealer can look at the car is more than 2 weeks from now

it still starts, idles and drives normal but not sure for how long!!!

hoping it’s covered under warranty but dealer won’t tell me till they look at it and I’ll have to cough up £160 for diagnostics.

anyone had the above issues? is it still still safe to drive? is the above faults covered under warranty?

cheers peeps.

Hello peeps, new onto the Audi scene. my 2018 rs3(totally stock) had the dreaded engine management light on few days ago, having plugged it in, it’s showing 3 fault codes;

P21F400 - Fuel control system ‘B’ too lean off idle Bank 1

P049F00 - exhaust pressure control valve B
P025C00 - Fuel pump module control circuit low

car is still under extended warranty, the earliest my local dealer can look at the car is more than 2 weeks from now

it still starts, idles and drives normal but not sure for how long!!!

hoping it’s covered under warranty but dealer won’t tell me till they look at it and I’ll have to cough up £160 for diagnostics.

anyone had the above issues? is it still still safe to drive? is the above faults covered under warranty?

cheers peeps.
Welcome along.

First up, are you 100% sure its a standard car ?

Fuel Control system error can be related to Lambda sensor, there are 2 one before the Primary Cat and one after it.

Exhaust pressure error is related to the OPF filters as there are 2 per filter, one before and one after

Fuel pump error there is actually a TPI at the dealer to have this replaced on some cars

Welcome along.

First up, are you 100% sure its a standard car ?

Fuel Control system error can be related to Lambda sensor, there are 2 one before the Primary Cat and one after it.

Exhaust pressure error is related to the OPF filters as there are 2 per filter, one before and one after

Fuel pump error there is actually a TPI at the dealer to have this replaced on some cars
as far as I know apart from Pandora immobiliser there are no other mods on the car!

i thought there was no OPF on a 2018 model

spoke to dealer again today, best they could do is give me an earlier booking..still a week away

as far as I know apart from Pandora immobiliser there are no other mods on the car!

i thought there was no OPF on a 2018 model

spoke to dealer again today, best they could do is give me an earlier booking..still a week away
If it's a Daza then the pressure control error could relate to one of the exhaust flaps at the rear of the car, do they both operate freely ?

If it's a Daza then the pressure control error could relate to one of the exhaust flaps at the rear of the car, do they both operate freely ?
sorry complete newbie here, only visible difference is that I can see that the left exhaust has less if not no smoke coming out compared to right when idle.

Last edited:
sorry complete newbie here, only visible difference is that I can see that the left exhaust has less if not no smoke coming out compared to right when idle.

It will do. The second flap opens as you are accelerating.
Best just let Audi deal with it then.
Somethings going on to bring on those 3 warnings, could be that 1 error has triggered the other 2.
With a VCDS scan it’s difficult to say from a distance.
Best scenario would be to get the errors cleared and see if they return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing you can check, go to the rear of the car and look up at the valves on both sides, check that they are both connected up and that a previous owner hasn't disconnected them.

3239017f035c3309c7fe55a21f31f3a7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheggers
One thing you can check, go to the rear of the car and look up at the valves on both sides, check that they are both connected up and that a previous owner hasn't disconnected them.

3239017f035c3309c7fe55a21f31f3a7.jpg
mate I did what u said and found that left valve connector was loose!! tightened it, cleared the codes and then went for a short drive and so far no warnings has re-appeared!! and hoping it stays that way!

much appreciated matey!!

Reactions: 8YARWY
mate I did what u said and found that left valve connector was loose!! tightened it, cleared the codes and then went for a short drive and so far no warnings has re-appeared!! and hoping it stays that way!

much appreciated matey!!

Your welcome sir. Glad to be of help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Count Drunkula