Engine mounts 2.0 TDI 2009

Jamie Thomson

Reaction score
Swapped my o/s/f engine mount last nignt, used lemforder (original part with Audi rubbed out). Basic mount no wires going to it.

Noticed the other side was leaking, it does have wires going to it but is 3 times dearer. Can I fit the standard one without any side effects?

Thanks for any advice

In theory yes (i for one would prefer the standard one). The only thing is you will have an error code (engine light if im not mistaking), since the connector will be unpluged

Thanks for the reply.
Managed to get an electronic lemforder one for a reasonable price, again with the 4 rings scrubbed out. So should hopefully last another 9 years

They usualy last quite long depending on the stress levels you put on the engine. So should last at least 60000 miles.

A bit off topic since you have a 2.0tdi.

Could you check if it makes this noise bettween 0:16 and 0:22 @1500rpm

Video:

hi TimR, i am having the same issue, does your car shake also when driving cold?Did you fix the issue? please help

Swapped my o/s/f engine mount last nignt, used lemforder (original part with Audi rubbed out). Basic mount no wires going to it.

Noticed the other side was leaking, it does have wires going to it but is 3 times dearer. Can I fit the standard one without any side effects?

Thanks for any advice
Sounds like a big job. Do you have any photos?

This is quite an interesting video. Engine hoist essential, plus couple of trolley jacks and the space to work.

Reactions: audiwaterpump