Engine mounts

Jord

Reaction score
Hi folks, I think my engine mounts are on there way out, so instead of replacing them with crappy audi ones I thought I'd uprate them, I've been looking at black forest industries ones and ths fr3 ones, also at powerflex ones but they only sell the lower mount
I was after any advise if anyone has fitted uprated mounts and if any other companies sell bushes

Thanks

I fitted the dogmount one to my old shaped A3, stopped a bit of movement of engine with very minimal extra vibration. Not heared anything on the 8P platform either way.

I have ths engine mounts, very good. The dog bone mounts are no good for tdi's as they are too stiff cause the cabin to shake. For tfsi's engines dont have this problem are mounts work very well

Got a tdi, I was looking at the powerflex ones, are they still too harsh like ths ones? Thanks

Volkswagen Racing do sell uprated mounts,but you may find them a bit harsh.....I'm very happy with these,but others may not be!

My Cabin shakes when idle, would this indicate my engine mounts are worn out?

Also get a slight knock when going over bumps plus if i put my clutch in too fast...

Both Superpro or Powerflex are very good. It`s the Vibro-technic stuff you want to avoid as they sale very hard mounts with the main market for track cars. The dog bone has two bushes one large one small. Nothing stopping you using a large uprated bush and OEM smaller bush or visa versa.

Both Superpro or Powerflex are very good. It`s the Vibro-technic stuff you want to avoid as they sale very hard mounts with the main market for track cars. The dog bone has two bushes one large one small. Nothing stopping you using a large uprated bush and OEM smaller bush or visa versa.

Good point.....I mentioned the VWR mounts which i have on mine......I've been told that these are either similar to,or sourced from VibraTechnics,and as I said,they are pretty hard,and whilst they suit an engine with a LOT more torque than standard,many may find them too harsh.

funny guy, I'm talking about the THS torque mounts used to clamp the dog bone. The rubber is too stiff and causes the cabin to shake. I know this becuase I tried the normal ones and then also a softer version which still caused the cabin to shake. I'm not saying there not good, just that they are not suitable for a 2.0TDI. The THS gearbox and engine mounts work a treat with my 2.0TDI. Ive not once mentioned the powerflex insert so what "******" are you talking :p

Suscribed...because I want to know differents opinions before I've ordered mine for a 2.0TDi engine