Engine movement

A

aythree

Just had my car checked over and it was pointed out to me that when rev'd my engine moves "quite a bit". Aparently it's the sort of movement you would expect to see when your engine mounts are worn and probably need changing.

However, mechanic said the car drives fine and that he couldn't feel the effects of excessive engine movement when driving, as you normally would with worn engine mounts, and says maybe the movement is normal for A3.

Anybody else noticed excessive movement on theirs??
Or do their best to describe the amount their's moves when rev'd.

Have you ever seen an A3/S3 on a rolling road with the bonnet open, its shocking how much the engine rocks back and forward under load, even on a brand new car, my Ed30 Golf was exactly the same

Have you ever seen an A3/S3 on a rolling road with the bonnet open, its shocking how much the engine rocks back and forward under load, even on a brand new car, my Ed30 Golf was exactly the same

Never seen it, but glad to hear it. :icon_thumright:

Never seen it, but glad to hear it. :icon_thumright:

Same. Our GTI's engine moves about quite a lot on the dyno, and the MINI's too.

I had mine looked over by a main dealer because I was convinced the mounts were shot, but it turns out that's normal. They got a new TDi to show me. Nothing to worry about...

When I first start the car, my TDI engine rocks back and forth like it's going to drop off. There's also a nice little rattle noise when I switch it off. Got it check twice and they said there's nothing wrong...

Thanks all for putting my mind at ease.
Was on the verge of visiting my local dealer.

:icon_thumright:

When I first start the car, my TDI engine rocks back and forth like it's going to drop off. There's also a nice little rattle noise when I switch it off. Got it check twice and they said there's nothing wrong...

Mine too....

Proper tractor like!