Engine transplant. Advice needed

shaz-raul

Reaction score
hey guys

hope you're all well.....

my oil pump on my a4 1.8t sline 190bhp decided to pack up on
me recently an ruined the engine.

i have been looking for the same engine code an it is becomin near enough impossible to find a BEX.

i have found one with 34k on the clock but they want £2300 supply n fitted.

a friend of a friend recently wrote off his 58TT and has a 2litre tfsi with the ecu n loom..... i wanted to know is it possible for the engine to be fitted into my car? are there any complications that i could possibly face.

any advise an also if you guys know anyone highly recommeded to fit the tt engine into my a4 within london would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance guys

What warranty on the £2300 one? I would push for two years and 20k miles and go with that if I was you, thats not a bad price is it?

I take it thats just an exchange using your existing ancillaries?

Is yours a Quattro??????
Is the TT a Quattro????

Ive heard that to fit a TT engine you would need the Gearbox too as it aint compatible with your BEX fitment - Im not 100% on that though so deeper investigating will shed some light!

As for the £2300 fitted - as james said, what exactly is that for???? are they using your old engine as a doner too???

my a4 is front wheel drive i didnt even ask to find out if it was a quattro engine. this sounds like a long job already!

the £2300 is for a 1.8t complete engine fitted which has covered 35k. they didnt say they wanted the engine as a donor.

http://www.car-partsonline.com/

they are the people i called for the engine

there is another place i found on ebay which is selling a bex reconditioned engine for £1150 but they want my current engine is return an i need to get it fitted

thanks docurley... jus a quick question for u... the engine that u have put up the link for is a quattro, my car is a front wheel drive.... wud it fit?

It does not matter at all as you will be using your gearbox the engine side is just a 1.8T like all the other with little changes here and there.

Most your guy may have to do is swap a few sensors over.

There you go, confirmation on that issue, all sorted then, get it bought and Listen to the Doc mate as he knows alot more about engines than most of us on here. He's advised you well on the Oil pump side of things aswell!! Id rewrite the Bible to include that if I could!!:laugh:

cheers guys

doc do ya know any reliable mechanics around east london or jus over the river?

worth droppin in anythin bigger? or too much hassle for wat its worth?

j7usss dude im a poor man why u temptin me to rob a bank for an rs engine! :hubbahubba:

your just the latest in a long line of forum users mate, he's abit of a slag when it comes to tempting us all to part with our hard earned cash!!!

Be reet ;)

As said, find an AJL or tbh any 1.8T. They're all very similar motors, and even if you baught a 150hp model all you'd need to do is swap the turbo and inlet manifolds from your original engine onto the replacement, and continue using the BEX ECU.

Having said that, the BEX probably has variable valve timing, and the AJL probably does not. Im not sure if this means the BEX ECU will take the huff, or if you can swap the VVT parts onto the AJL, but it might be an idea to try and find a VVT engine for the swap if thats the case.

..obviously I was Joking when I said the Rs4/S4 engine BUT theres no harm in Wishing!!