Engine under tray / skid guard / sump guard

waggawagga

Reaction score
Hi there. My engine undertray (plastic thing that covers the sump) for my 8L has fallen off. Know it isn't really essential but would like to replace. Think Audi charge a small fortune but I'm having a hard time finding one elsewhere. Tried online and local breakers but no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction of place to get one relatively cheaply? Thanks.

Tuffty, many thanks for this. Very helpful. Couldn't find them on eBay myself. I see they have two sets of part numbers listed. Would you or anyone else here happen to know which ones are correct for the A3 8L? Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply jojo. Tuffty has pointed me in the direction of a new kit on ebay - so going to go with that. Thanks though.

Is this going spare mate? I want to make a custom undertray out of thin Ali sheet but I wanted to use an original undertray as a template.

What are you doing Fred? I fitted the whole one you gave me, so got a cracked one spare! lol

If you want it, I can post it to you bud.

Is this going spare mate? I want to make a custom undertray out of thin Ali sheet but I wanted to use an original undertray as a template.

Are you doing this yourself? Sounds like a great idea.

What are you doing Fred? I fitted the whole one you gave me, so got a cracked one spare! lol

If you want it, I can post it to you bud.

I don't know what I'm doing half the time! Basically the OE one doesn't fit any more due to all the cutting and botching for certain mods on my car which is why I gave you my one. After some consideration I think it's a good idea to have a tray of some sort there to protect everything from the elements. I saw a few threads where people made their own from sheet aluminium and thought I'd have some of that and extend it to cover as much as possible to cover everything and also give a bit of aero if possible.

I don't know what I'm doing half the time! Basically the OE one doesn't fit any more due to all the cutting and botching for certain mods on my car which is why I gave you my one. After some consideration I think it's a good idea to have a tray of some sort there to protect everything from the elements. I saw a few threads where people made their own from sheet aluminium and thought I'd have some of that and extend it to cover as much as possible to cover everything and also give a bit of aero if possible.

Fred, PM me your address, I will clean it up and post it to ya.

Tuffty, many thanks for this. Very helpful. Couldn't find them on eBay myself. I see they have two sets of part numbers listed. Would you or anyone else here happen to know which ones are correct for the A3 8L? Thanks again!

Tufty does that kit the s3 as well?

The set in the bottom link look to be S3 ones... tbh most cars I see have them missing... I think the A3 one is a full length jobber goes all the way under the engine to the subframe but there is no reason why the the kit designed for the S3 won't fit an A3...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Dani_B19
The set in the bottom link look to be S3 ones... tbh most cars I see have them missing... I think the A3 one is a full length jobber goes all the way under the engine to the subframe but there is no reason why the the kit designed for the S3 won't fit an A3...
<tuffty/>

Hi folks,

Looking to get something like this Engine Sump Undertray Kit 3pcs Middle, Left and Right Petrol VW AUDI SEAT SKODA | eBay for my A3 1.8.

Was unsure about ordering this so emailed the eBay seller.

They replied:

"there are many numbers for these parts as they fit a lot of VAG cars. this combination is for 1.6 & 1.8t , some models may need a hole cutting for air hose etc. not for diesels. but all info we have (and it is only a guide) is on the ad. Regards Volksbits"

So I'm a bit confused. Seems vague. Is one for a 1.6 and the other for a 1.8t? If so, will the fit a 1.8 petrol? I emailed the guy back but he didn't respond.

AH... I think he means for the passenger side SMIC on the S3... A3's won't have that... VAG will do slightly different variations depending on model specifics but they should still fit... you may just need to cut a hole out...

Other than going to a dealer I suspect its something you may have to take a chance on...

<tuffty/>

AH... I think he means for the passenger side SMIC on the S3... A3's won't have that... VAG will do slightly different variations depending on model specifics but they should still fit... you may just need to cut a hole out...

Other than going to a dealer I suspect its something you may have to take a chance on...

<tuffty/>

Thanks Tuffty. Much appreciated.

For what its worth I am gonna buy one of these sets as mine are a little tired... will let you know how it goes

<tuffty/>

Hey Tuffty, how did fitting the sump guard go? Looking at the same thing myself.. It covers the power steering pipes right? Brought my car with it completely missing - so the two side covers flap about.. Cheers!

Hey Tuffty, how did fitting the sump guard go? Looking at the same thing myself.. It covers the power steering pipes right? Brought my car with it completely missing - so the two side covers flap about.. Cheers!

Sadly missed the boat on this as they sold out be fore I got around to buying any...

<tuffty/>

Sadly missed the boat on this as they sold out be fore I got around to buying any...

<tuffty/>

Ah okay, I see volkbits are still the undercover tray but says it's for MK4.. Might give it a go for £22 - don't want my power steering pipes rotting again.

Just brought this one http://bit.ly/1gDwFA5 which apparently comes with all the clips needed... Will post up the finished product if it helps anyone :)

Reactions: kwistof and cammage08
I bought the Nero bart diesel version on ebay. You can tell its not genuine, but its sturdy enough and fits perfect

As above, nero undertray for me worked perfectly on 1.8t

Fitted mine today. Says 'with clips' in the advert.. Didn't come with anything.
Doesn't actually cover the sump (maybe that's how the standard one is? Not sure as mine never had one) but does connect to the two side covers and protect the power steering pumps.. So for £21 I'm happy as it's stopped the rattling :)

Hi - 1st time posting!!

I have a 53 plate A3 3.2V6 Quattro, and I am missing most of the screws to hold on the under plate. I took it off to flush the coolant last week, and they were missing. Does anybody have a link to where I could find some? Thanks.

Hi - 1st time posting!!

I have a 53 plate A3 3.2V6 Quattro, and I am missing most of the screws to hold on the under plate. I took it off to flush the coolant last week, and they were missing. Does anybody have a link to where I could find some? Thanks.

Wrong section mate... try in the 8P section for your car.. screws and fixings can be got from the dealers... they are not expensive at all...

<tuffty/>

Cheers! As you can see, I'm no huge expert, but trying to start!

Reactions: <tuffty/>