Engine update

ANDYTQ

Reaction score
Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Just a quick update on the k04 project,the engine has been run in,another oil and filter change done and the st2 revo ko3 map has been turned back up after some datalogging with bill today,i have only been running on a low boost setting since the rebuild so wow what a difference.It pulls so strong now ,mid range is mental with a much more aggressive engine note.It still needs a custom map for the k04 to really come alive but it sure will do for now.

Went to a rolling road day with some of the lads from work,so i thought i would have a run just to make sure everything was ok before i book it in for a custom map.Results were 290bhp and 385 lbft.Lower bhp due to still being on a k03 map,but the torque explains why it feels so rapid.I hoped i would break the 300 barrier before the custom map but its close enough considering i was on the dregs of a tank of suoermarket 97 octane fuel,maybe i would have been closer on tesco 99.I really need to book it in now to get the new map done and finish this thing.Good fun even in this spec.

That is some good figures. Look forward to hearing the results especially with some decent fuel :)