Facelift Enough for a Warranty Claim on Super Sport seats?

I appreciate that this is being a bit pernickety, but you don't actually manufacture. leather.

It's a by-product of sirloin.

However it is treated, and stitched together to make a car seat, and this is probably what he means.

However it is treated, and stitched together to make a car seat, and this is probably what he means.
You're right, of course. I missed off the light-hearted remark smilie.

My bad.

Reactions: OST
The leather on my 9yr old A4 has had next to heewaw attention from me but still looks really, really good. There's a few 'character lines but that's to be expected. The car's probably only worth about £4 or 5K now but everything about it - seats, dash, trims, door weight, etc just feel like 'quality'. My new SQ5 plus is a great car, best I've owned, the engine is superb, but the interior 'feel' even with the diamond stitched leather (uncreased fortunately) still falls short of the old A4 and the new BnO isn't a patch on the oldie's Bose.

I think it's just a sign of the times, margins are being cut everywhere so quality suffers.

As others have said, if you're not happy, make a complaint, you've nothing to loose.

Reactions: amb66 and OST
But I bet nearly all of us didn't pay full price for our cars, because we wanted them cheaper :smiley:

You don't pay full price anywhere you go because just about every dealer has deposit contribution and let's be honest, when you build a house, you don't sell it for the cost value, you sell it to make profit. So tbh I think it's not wrong of us to expect premium quality from a car that can be specced into the £50k region or I think even £60k for the RS3 with the same seats.

You don't pay full price anywhere you go because just about every dealer has deposit contribution and let's be honest, when you build a house, you don't sell it for the cost value, you sell it to make profit. So tbh I think it's not wrong of us to expect premium quality from a car that can be specced into the £50k region or I think even £60k for the RS3 with the same seats.

You're not wrong, but then it isn't just the dealer contribution is it, it's the £4k+ discount that we're all after. I guess what I'm saying is yes, we want the premium but ultimately we don't want to pay for it, otherwise none of us would use the likes of carwow, orangewheels, drive the deal etc. We'd all go in, get the £600-£1000 dealer contribution and pay the price.

So tbh I think it's not wrong of us to expect premium quality from a car that can be specced into the £50k region or I think even £60k for the RS3 with the same seats.

I completely agree. It would be interesting to hear everyone's reasons for choosing the S3 Sportback over the Golf R which is essentially the same car, cheaper to buy, considered by some to be a more engaging drive and comes with far more kit as standard. So why pay the extra for an Audi??

I sat in a golf R today whilst looking a the new Polo. I thought it was really nice. Build quality looked great. Soft plastics in the same places as an Audi.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Chris43
I completely agree. It would be interesting to hear everyone's reasons for choosing the S3 Sportback over the Golf R which is essentially the same car, cheaper to buy, considered by some to be a more engaging drive and comes with far more kit as standard. So why pay the extra for an Audi??

The Badge that's what your paying for over the VW
And how much a S3 can reach has got anything to do with leather creasing is beyond me, it doesn't just happen on S3's and RS3 's
As its been said before if anyone ain't happy with anything about there new car, then go to Audi with it...... They can only say No

Reactions: Tom.H
I have to say the leather S line seats in my 63 plate S line looks in better nick than your's and mine as 50k on it, i just get in and out of the car naturally without making sure I dont damage the seat when I get in and out, I do wonder if your wiping of the seat everyday is doing more harm than good? I treat my seats once every 3 months which is more than enough I would say, more than what most cars would get anyway!

Been skimming in and out over the bolsters for over 3 years now. Over that time the leather has been treated with gliptone. Applied some today and was impressed how good this area still looks.

AB6D12F3 06A8 4D35 BC5F B824B14CD4CA

Reactions: Jassyo06
1st car was Mk4 Golf, then progressed to A3, then mk1 TT 3.2 DSG, A5, back to an A4, mk3 TT, then finally an S3. Personally I think the S3 is a better looking car, really don’t like the Golf dash however having now had an S3 I’d certainly consider an R or a GTI next. I needed to scratch the S3 itch.