Entire RIGHT TAILLIGHT LED cluster out on 2012 A7

Matthew K. LaVelle

Reaction score
recently, my cigarette lighter stopped working. They quoted me two hours labor and wouldn't show me where the fuse was. An hour later, and after 20 bucks I identified the fuse with a voltage meter ($16) and a fuse. I REALLy don't want to go to the dealer if there is an easier fix.

Because the whole cluster is out I suspect it's a ground wire or a fuse. I am unclear if the tail lights run through the control unit, or are wired through the fuse box. I decided to post here so I don't waste time if the only option is to replace the whole assembly. Because it's the whole cluster, I think it's an electrical issueIf there is a fuse, does anyone know if it is in the rear box or to front passenger box, or one I haven't found. I assume it's a 35w fuse.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I used to be quite handy with cars, but did not keep up with the technology. I searched for hours before posting this. Thanks in advance.

Hi Matthew and welcome to the forum.

The UK A7 pages are very quiet. Can l suggest you post your question here, where your likely to get a faster answer.

Is the whole cluster out, both outer and inner on the same side, and by out, do you mean all functions (stop/rear lights/turn/fog/reversing)? :racer: