EPB Ecu/module replacement

V2brett

Reaction score
Hi guys can any of you give me some help on replacing the electronic park brake ecu on my car.
Can i just buy a used unit from ebay etc and will it be a straight swap or will it require coding and/or going through any procedures?

Cheers

Just to update this for anyone in the future, i bought a module from ebay and it was just a straight swap to the new 1. I did the swap with the handbrake in the released position just incase anything went pete tong and no coding was required but i did run through Basic settings in 53 Park Brake with vcds.

Reactions: xpoweruk
Hi v2 Brett I have an Audi A4 b8 and handbrake malfunction light has come on and the ABS light and ESP light has come on with it , I have just been down my local garage and they have diagnosed it's a handbrake module fault , is this a straight forward swap if I buy a used one ?and how do I get the console out as I've been told it's under there , thanks

Hi mate, Yes its a straight forward swap with a used unit.
the module is very easy to fit, its in the right hand/ drivers side of the boot behind the little storage net part, that bit just pulls away but watch the wiring on the 12volt socket.
Its held down by 2 10mm nuts (i found it easier removing these 1st and lifting the module up abit to get at the wiring connector) and the wiring connector slides away towards the front of the car.

I had my handbrake off when doing this just incase anything went crazy as there was no guide on the net anywhere. Fitting is just a reverse of removal.
I also went through basic settings with vcds after the new 1 was fitted.

Hth and you get it sorted bud.

Ok thanks Brett I will let you know the outcome , thanks for your time

Hi Brett I've got the vcds plugged in on the car , but it will not let me in to the braking system without a code , did you have this issue , thanks again

Ok thanks for your time Brett , i will let you know the outcome ,

I have a similar issue 2008 a4 b8 1.8t i have found a replacement module but i am not sure if it will work the one i have on the car is : 8k0 907 801D and the replacement one being sold on ebay is : 8k0 907 801L will this work?