EPC issue on 2.0tfsi

Gooey

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

Currently pulling my hair out with my BWJ engined A4..

I keep getting intermittent issues when starting the engine. The engine will struggle to start for around 2-3 seconds then start up and go straight into a form of limp mode with the EPC light on. Most of the time, if I turn it on and off again, the issues disappears and the car runs spot on

Error codes are -P0444 and P2294

I've replaced the battery, replaced the seal on the vac port for the brake booster on the vac pump. And changed the pcv valve

Don't know where to check now...

Thanks in advance

001092/P0444 - EVAP Purge Control Valve (N80): Circuit Open​

Possible Symptoms​

• MIL on

Possible Causes​

• Blown fuse
  • N80 Faulty
  • Wiring and/or connections faulty (open circuit)

Possible Solutions​

• Check fuses
  • Ohm test N80 valve
  • Check wiring and connections
Category:

18726/P2294/008852 - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276): Open Circuit​

Possible Symptoms​

• Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON

Possible Causes​

• Wiring and/or connections faulty
  • Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276) defective

Possible Solutions​

• Check wiring and connections
  • Check / Replace N276

Special Notes​

• On some engines, the N276 may be refered to as the N290 in the factory wiring diagram.

Have you checked the relays and fuse in the ECU box, trust me I've had the same issues and others some time ago and for ages and couldn't resolve it , changed both relays and its been spot on ever since, they are a known failure point and cause a whole raft of issues including these.

i did a thread on the subject if you search my profile its under turbo boost ,solenoid etc.

here, a long thread so just skip over the bits you don't need.

I'd recommend check the 2 relays Rob mentions under the ECU too and replace. Had pretty much same issue as you, intermittent starting, EPC light coming on and resetting by removing battery terminal cables would sort the issue for a while and then come back. Or I would go out for a drive fine, switch off car and back on and issue would manifest itself, really annoying .... I'm not that technical competent so let my trusted mechanic find the issue, which took him a while. Turned out 2 corroded relays under the ECU, though the compartment housing was dry. Swap them out and see if that fixes it, I've had no issues since.

Reactions: Charlie Farley