Epc light

jay22s3

2nd gear sorts em out
Reaction score
Today I fitted a tuned n75 valve sensor which I bought from a German company I took it for a spin and it seemed to have sorted my problem out but tonight taking my son to a class I was driving along it was just about to boost and then blurrrr and the epc light came on the dash and the car just wouldn't go . I pulled over and turned the car off took the key out and then restarted it and everything was fine but in the owners book it say if this light displays take it to the audi shop without delay ! It seems fine now but should I be worried help please

A 'tuned' N75 valve huh... there is no such thing :)

EPC light coming on like that is most likely the MAF... scan for fault codes...

Would also help if we knew the year/model/engine code of the car..

<tuffty/>

I'm only going of the listing on eBay that I bought the n75 from they listed it as a tuned one , my car is a 1999 s3

I've never really noticed the epc light before when I turn the ignition on but it doesn't stay on is this normal for it to display when you turn the ignition on ?

EPC light will come on with ignition and go out when engine is running...

As said, scan for fault codes... these cars have so many different fault codes they can use its clutching at straws until at least the scan is done..

Is the N75 brown by any chance?

<tuffty/>

Yes it's brown is this a bum part ?

'J' valve... not 'tuned' at all... J valve is from an Audi S2... little bit lazier in reaction and promotes a boost spike... ME7 ecu's like yours don't like them much as std and on generic maps but custom mapping get normally alleviate the spike...

Spiky boost is not a good thing... can bend rods... J valves tend to put ME7 based cars into limp mode if caught unawares..

Like I said, no such thing as tuned, just different...

<tuffty/>