Epc light

s3_stig

Reaction score
To day done about 200 mile drive everything was fine went in the service station
to grab some food.
After about half an hour try to start the car but didn't want to was just kicking over. So finally it started the car was running lumpy revs were siting at about 11,000 and this light came on so I turned the engine off then back on and all was normal any one have any ideas what this light means or what could of caused this to happen
thanks will

I had this same issue when my crank sensor was failing. It would start sometimes, and when it did the EPC light was on and idling revs where above normal.

Do a vagcom scan to confirm it is the same with you.

Mine did this at inters, it was running fine one minute then i set off from a set of lights and it just wouldnt go... i was worried to say the least. I simply turned off the engine then restarted the car. The light went off and to this day its not done it since. Happy days!

I had jbs/custom code scan it and they said its a common fault with these engines and nothing at all to worry about.
I hope this helps :yahoo:

That's good news I will check the map iswell defo want it scaned just for peace of mind hopefully all well