Error during Clutch valve calibration

AudiDan1

Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to do the Clutch valve calibration in the basic settings of the transmission control unit on my 2015 Audi A7. Before I tried it wouldn't even start the procedure saying "(21) Function cannot be performed". All the criteria are met, transmission fluid was tried at 50 and 70°C, handbrake engaged, gear in Park, foot on brake. Then it worked suddenly on the other options in the menu such as main pressure valve calibration or the distance calibration, but when I tried the Clutch valve calibration, the process would start, the revs would increase but after a while it would show me "Exited due to reasons of safety". Does someone know why it's showing me this and why it sometimes starts and sometimes doesn't? Appreciate any advice, thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-152617_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-152617_OBDeleven.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Screenshot_20210731-194336_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-194336_OBDeleven.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 158
There is quite a long post here on the the procedure. The biggest issue seems to relate to transmission temperature.

Were you having transmission problems before you started?

Also, there may be different transmission, depending on what engine you have in the A7.

John :racer:

There is quite a long post here on the the procedure. The biggest issue seems to relate to transmission temperature.

Were you having transmission problems before you started?

Also, there may be different transmission, depending on what engine you have in the A7.

Hi RAF, thanks for the reply, sadly I read through and tried all the things already, no dice, aborted due to safety reasons, tried below and above 60°C with all the necessary preconditions, I have the 0B5 trans, 3.0 TFSI engine, I have had transmission issues, that's why I changed the solenoids, didn't work, still got the P17D400 code, I'll go to a tech and have them try the recalibration, the only other thing I can do is replace the wiring harness or the clutch. Any other suggestions? Thank you

There is an known issue with coolant leakage into the main wiring connector on the gearbox (on some models) it may be worth checking that for possible corrosion problems.
Failing that, shout out in the forum for recommendations in your area for a good Indy Audi Garage, and have them get some in-depth diagnostics going on the box.
What's the mileage on the car, and do you know if the gearbox has been serviced at the recommended interval(s)?

Also, have a read of this (Diff model, same gearbox) --> Here

Good Luck!