Error!

Wanty

Reaction score
Only took 4 weeks to kerb it. Damn!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    900.1 KB · Views: 490
Ouch. It's ok got my man on it next week. Whole reason for getting shot of the A5 was because the misses kept kurbing it and hitting walls. This though was me :whistle2:

Last edited:
I haven't kerbed a car since my 59 reg TT
My missus will get it sorted for mates rates, but prob still c. £40/50 I expect

Reactions: Wanty
Diamond cut, 18inch wheels and poor rim protection from Conti's always going to be recipe for disaster.

Don't beat yourself up.

I fully expect to get one or two of these every few months don't matter how careful you are as any slight rear wheel bump on a curb when taking a tight corner will get you a similar amount if damage.

£650 for a new S3 alloy (I paid that through gritted teeth for one).....dropped the whole wheel face first on the pavement when it was off to paint my hubs.

Hope you get fixed soon.

Reactions: veeeight and Wanty
When the Conti's get worn I will be getting something with bit more protection!

Reactions: veeeight and Pulp84
hahahahaha that thread title is hilarious! Or I am easily amused! Sorry to hear about your wheel though bud hopefully it comes up good as new.

When the Conti's get worn I will be getting something with bit more protection!

The GY F1 Eagle Assy2's are currently winning in the £1 coin rim protector test.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Wanty and Pulp84
I also kerbed an alloy recently (well actually it was my wife but let's not be picky!). The S-Line wheels are diamond cut (not sure if S3 wheels are) but they cannot be easily repaired by your average wheel man. The company I took mine into send them to the experts Pristine Wheels near Milton Keynes. Cost will be £75 plus VAT including collection and delivery.

£40 doing it tomorrow at home . Will post the result. What ever it is it's got to be better than the scuff and likes been said, will happen again.

Wow great results - did you see him do it ? Curious to what the process was that's all.

Wow great results - did you see him do it ? Curious to what the process was that's all.

Yes and put it this way, i will do it next time!
Masked it up after rubbing it out and lacquered it. Twenty mins max! He did a great job and would recommend him totally to anyone. His wealth of knowledge on alloy wheels is vast!

If it keeps happening, which by the sounds of it it will, I'm going to get them sprayed, thinking the grey that they are, so their a lot tougher. That was done simply by gently bumping up the kerb outside our house!

Reactions: Rob2k68
The results look great - I'm very close to pushing the button on the GY F1 Eagle Assy2's as said by V8 these have a much larger rim protector - four supplied and fitted for less than £400 by Halfords much less than a replacement alloy.

The results look great - I'm very close to pushing the button on the GY F1 Eagle Assy2's as said by V8 these have a much larger rim protector - four supplied and fitted for less than £400 by Halfords much less than a replacement alloy.

I love the Conti's but like you can see the advantage of the Assy2's after seeing them in the flesh today.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Nice repair work there!

One week in something hit me on the freeway. Outstanding.

0dd9d4a17b0b04f0d5d736be41a80557.jpg