Errr you don't want to do that!!!

S32B

Reaction score
This should 'maybe' be put in the detailing forum, but I thought I'd share it here as I know this is a very busy forum and most owners here are OCD about their cars....plus more people will see it & have a laugh here!

A mate sent me this as he was driving home through Warrington via this 'profesional hand car wash' :D

He posted it on the Ford forums and most of the comments he received couldn't see the problem!!!...I said I'd post it here to see the difference of opinions between owners...Audi vs ford :D

Reactions: Jimbob76
This should 'maybe' be put in the detailing forum, but I thought I'd share it here as I know this is a very busy forum and most owners here are OCD about their cars....plus more people will see it & have a laugh here!

A mate sent me this as he was driving home through Warrington via this 'profesional hand car wash' :D

He posted it on the Ford forums and most of the comments he received couldn't see the problem!!!...I said I'd post it here to see the difference of opinions between owners...Audi vs ford :D

W.T.F. pressure washing the mitts on the ground and then using them to 'clean' the car. Is this another 'scratchless' hand car wash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah that's how you rinse your mitt and here's us all buying grit guards...

Reactions: Lehn and V6_Man
avoid these like the plague!

And some people pay for this service, Shocker.

Reactions: V6_Man
What's the problem, he is blasting the dirt off .... ;)

avoid these like the plague!

And some people pay for this service, Shocker.
Well, they still clean the cars at least, swirls and scratches are a different matter! Which, most people don't care about because you can't exactly always see them. Or just don't give a monkeys anyway, which I understand.

I wonder if the next car was getting the "gold" package :)

Reactions: Jimbob76 and A4A4
I always say if you use any car wash, except a well known detail expert of course, expect swirls.

I do use them, might not for a while though, otherwise start buying them clay bars and freeing up your weekends

I passed this car wash on my way home from work yesterday! Defo avoiding this place, even if I am desperate to get the car cleaned

Oh wow. Only words I can muster.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I am still a member of a Focus ST forum after previously owning 2 of them, and can assure you they would be as horrified as everybody here after watching that video. :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:
Ok I will admit to having a mild form of OCD when it comes to my cars(friends and colleagues would probably say severe), but there are very basic things you just don't do that everybody should be able to understand. :innocent:

I’m ignoring the fact they’re complete muppets and focusing on the great choice of song. Daughtry ft Slash :rockwoot:

What the actual F :blink:!

Would never use a place like this myself, but know plenty do. There will be good places and bad places but that is truly incredible!

Hand car wash guys guys work their damn nuts off though, so I have to respect them for that - they are grafting to earn an honest living and still (example above aside) usually way better than one of these say goodbye to your clear coat spawn of Satan’s nutsack machines :puke2:

14C441F7 EC23 4D0E BE88 E94619A6D942

Last edited:
Reactions: oli356, Ron240 and Adam14
You are spot on, although everyone from the Queen to a bacon packer in a scummy warehouse can spare half hour a week to clean a car.

No excuse but laziness.

Reactions: Ron240
Well some people don't care. If a car is a way of getting from a to b. Nothing more. Then why waste time cleaning the car.

I suppose some people also don't have facilities to clean them easily.

So yeah. Not sure if I'd agree by saying people who use car washes are lazy. Just a preference.

I always say if you use any car wash, except a well known detail expert of course, expect swirls.

I do use them, might not for a while though, otherwise start buying them clay bars and freeing up your weekends

A clay bar won't remove swirls, only surface contaminants.

That the one on chester road at what used to be the riverside pub?

I saw a woman washing her car with baby wipes the other day, I literally stopped walking for a second in complete dismay. Not sure which is worse

Reactions: Alan999
I am still a member of a Focus ST forum after previously owning 2 of them, and can assure you they would be as horrified as everybody here after watching that video. :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:
Ok I will admit to having a mild form of OCD when it comes to my cars(friends and colleagues would probably say severe), but there are very basic things you just don't do that everybody should be able to understand. :innocent:
As is once a focus, mondeo and currently my partner has a new fiesta. Ron240, were you a moderator over at talkford?

I saw a woman washing her car with baby wipes the other day, I literally stopped walking for a second in complete dismay. Not sure which is worse
Actually.. baby wipes good for cleaning bike frame

Nothing wrong with what those guy were doing as long as there’s no grit or crap on the ground then those mitts will be super clean. Wouldn’t let them near my car but I don’t let anyone clean my car not even the wife who knows I’m anal about it.

Nothing wrong with what those guy were doing as long as there’s no grit or **** on the ground then those mitts will be super clean. Wouldn’t let them near my car but I don’t let anyone clean my car not even the wife who knows I’m anal about it.
Or on the guys shoe as he steps on it to hold it in place. If I drop a cloth or mitt on the floor it's back in the wash for it before it sees the car again.